Systems Engineer - Infrastructure (closed)
Responsible for the global data network architecture, equipment and its support. Analyses, upgrades and supports all data circuits. Responsible for all land-based voice systems including hardware, software, ACD, voice mail, etc. Supports both wired and wireless networks. Responsible for maintenance of hardware such as servers, printers, laptops, desktops and thin clients. Responsible for security aspects of the local and external networks.
The position also required to participate in day to day end user support by resolving network or hardware related issues on client machines
- Primary resource for network and physical issues/configuration
o VPN Connectivity
o Bandwidth Utilization
o Internet Usage Monitoring
o Physical Servers
o Phone System (HW and SW)
o Desktops/Laptops/Thin Client Hardwar
o Network Monitoring Software
o Blackberry and Mobile Device Hardware
· College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science
· Advanced technical knowledge Network Technologies such as routing, VLAN?s, CISCO, Extreme networks, OSPF, BGP, SSL and PPTP VPN, Wireless.
· Advanced technical knowledge of network monitoring, utilization and security
· Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
· Good understanding of the organization?s goals and objectives.
· Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Strong customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.