Buyer / Planner (closed)
Buyer – Planner
A well-known and established industry leader in the manufacturing of commercial and residential products has an immediate requirement for a Buyer - Planner in their Indiana facility. With over 50 years of success, the company continues to be profitable and is recognized globally as a respected leader in innovation and in the industries they serve.
The Buyer/Planner responsibilities are organized by supplier and the individual owns the transactions for the non-new product development items from purchase order release through invoice reconciliation.
- Reports to the Supply Planning Manager
- Responsible for daily management of direct material purchase orders
- Release of PO, expedite/de-expedite including air freight, reconciliation of receiving errors etc.
- Update promise and release dates
- Issue purchase orders either manually or electronically
- Set up parameters to reflect build to order or build to stock
- Root cause and corrective action reporting of supplier delivery issues
- BS degree
- 3-5 years + related production planning experience
- APICS certification is a plus
- Strong ERP system skills (JDE / JD Edwards or equivalent)
- Planning system experience (Factory Planner or equivalent)
- Reporting systems (Crystal / Hyperion or equivalent)
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel / Access) skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with members of various disciplines
Keywords: buyer, planner, buyer-planner, buyer planner, Crystal, Hyperion, i2 Factory Planner, APICS, CPM, JD Edwards, purchase, procurement, purchasing, senior buyer, commodity, supply planning, planning, supplier, suppliers
Contact Jason Pitts with questions regarding this position or to apply via resume in WORD format – email@example.com – also visit our website to view other opportunities or to apply online – www.fpcconcord.com