Assistant Director of Nursing (closed)
Manchester Healthcare Center, a regional skilled nursing facility seeks an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON). The primary purpose of the ADON role is to assist the Director of Nursing in planning, organizing, developing, and directing the day to day functions of the Nursing department. As a part of an interdependent team of skilled careing people the Assistant Director of Nursing - ADON must act in accordance with current federal state and local standards, guidelines and regulations that govern our facility and may be required by the Director of Nursing, Administrator and / or Medical Director to ensure that the highest quality of care is maintained at all times.
**Must possess, as a minimum, a Nursing Degree (RN) from an accredited college, university or nursing school.
**Must have, as a minimum, 2 years of experience as an ADON or DON in a long-term care facility.
**Must have, as a minimum, 6 months training experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
In return, we offer a full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, PTO and matching 401(k)! send us your resume to email@example.com.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state in which they are working.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Must be proficient in the use of personal computers and Microsoft Windows applications.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer systems, electronic medical records, and electronic medication administration records.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agency personnel, and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the willingness to work harmoniously with and supervise others.
- Must possess the ability to plan, organize, develop, implement, and interpret the programs, goals, objectives, policies and procedures, etc. that are necessary for providing quality care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
- Must be willing to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing nursing practices.
- Must be able to relate information concerning a resident’s condition.
- Must not pose a threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the facility.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: health care, healthcare, licensed practical nurse, medical, nurse, nursing, r n, r.n., registered, registered nurse, rn, R.N., RN, registered nurse, nursing, er, emergency, medical, surgical, obstetrics, pediatrics, intensive care unit, ICU, I.C.U., E.R., Registered Nurse, RN, Nurse, LTC Nurse, SNF Nurse, Medication Nurse, Health Care, Healthcare, Medical, Medical Care, Geriatric, Geriatric Care, Skilled Nursing, Long Term Care, LTC, Skilled Nursing Facility, SNF, Clinical Services.