SharePoint Administrator (closed)
OSRAM SYLVANIA, one of the world's largest lighting manufacturers, has a SharePoint Administrator position available at our corporate headquarters in Danvers, MA.
As a member of OSRAM SYLVANIA's collaborative application team, the chosen candidate will work with IT technical and business teams towards the design and development and configuration of collaborative applications infrastructure.
Regular activities will include:
Design, develop, optimize and configure the collaborative application infrastructure to support the organization's IT and business solutions with software applications of high complexity.
Makes well thought out decisions on complex issues at the highest technical level regarding operations, error messaging, performance tuning and disaster recovery.
Responsible for servers in SharePoint farm, including set-up and configuration of SharePoint Services on servers, maintenance of Web Front End Servers and Indexing Servers
Creation and maintenance of sites and site collections, as well as associated databases and services, such as Shared Service Providers, and Extended Authentication providers if needed.
Qualification, installation and maintenance of any plug-in, feature, web part, template or solution, including 3rd party software or applications.
Back-up and recovery practices, and maintaining integrity and reliability of access to information.
Set-up and configuration of Excel Services and InfoPath services.
Establish and/or maintain end user access policy and permissions.
Implement and maintain search services, including defining search scopes.
Coordinate and implement best use practices, and communicate with company management best use scenarios. This may include creating simple workflow processes and simple site customization.Requirements
- Bachelors degree required, preferably in Computer Science or Business, with a minimum of 5 years of related technical experience.
- Proven ability to transfer knowledge and stay current on trends and technical advancements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with clients, gather requirements, facilitate meetings and lead projects
- 5+ years of experience working with Microsoft SharePoint 2007/2010
- Microsoft Office Sharepoint Server (MOSS) technologies
- Broad experience with the .NET Framework to include ASP.NET 2.0 / 3.5 / 4.0 Ability to develop and administer SharePoint systems
- Microsoft Active Directory (AD)
- Broad experience with Load Balancing Tools - F5 or DX
- Web services, XML, Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP) experience
- Competency in Visual Studio Tools for Office, Windows Workflow
- Foundation, Forms Server and Excel Services
- Axceler ControlPoint
- AvePoint DocAve
Along with a highly competitive salary, OSI offers full medical benefits, matching 401K, extensive wellness programs and tuition reimbursement. Our location offers a business casual environment, free parking, an on-site cafeteria, on-site fitness center with classes and a great working environment.
OSRAM SYLVANIA wishes to deal directly with our best and brightest candidates. We do not work with third party recruiters. OSI is not offering relocation or visa sponsorship for this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage diverse candidates to apply directly to our site.