Senior Windows Systems Administrator (closed)
Major financial institution seeks a senior Windows Systems Administrator who will be part of the Technical Operations team responsible for day-to-day technology and infrastructure support at their midtown Manhattan location.
- Monitor real-time data feeds, video content, and core infrastructure systems for software/hardware errors, failures and capacity issues; troubleshoot, diagnose and escalate to senior administrators, software development, and external vendors.
- Follow and update procedures for startup and shutdown of core systems.
- Ensure that current standard operating procedures and related information about the existing system are accurately documented.
- Support hardware/software platforms on all pertinent infrastructure and application servers, which handle real-time data dissemination to external displays.
- Support and maintain Production systems for video routing and control, content management, and system alerting and monitoring.
- Perform regularly scheduled systems patching and security updates.
- Must be willing to work various first and second shifts (ranging from 8am to 10pm)
- 5+ years operations/administration experience working in real-time, mission-critical environments is a must with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
- Proficient knowledge/experience in Wintel and networking technologies including operating systems, back-end applications, server software, and switches/routers.
- Proficient knowledge/experience of current virtualization technologies including VMware and/or Microsoft Hyper-V is preferred
- Cisco, Linux, Altiris, SQL knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
- Photoshop, Flash, creative and graphics rendering knowledge/experience is a PLUS.
Our client offers an excellent benefits package that includes a discretionary bonus and shift differential.