Sr. Supply Chain Sourcing Specialist (closed)
Due to an exciting internal promotion, Apex International has an opening for a Strategic Supply Chain Sourcing Specialist who can help our customers grow and save money through a lean supply chain that produces "least total cost" in procurement. We are seeking a local candidate to the Twin Cities market with 7+ years of Strategic Supply Chain experience- Chemical purchasing expertise preferred.
Apex International is a rapidly growing & financially stable environment that prides itself on internal employee development, promotion from within, and providing a fun and dynamic working environment. Apex International offers competitive wages, a full benefits package including medical & dental, various insurance (life, long & short term disability, AD&D), 401k options, generous vacation and additional PTO accrual.
The ideal candidate will have a strong Chemical procurement experience that will help them to be successful with the following objectives:
1. Establishing and maintaining a network of suppliers that fit the Apex business model, Purpose and Values, who want to help Apex to grow and save money.
2. Completing all new product sourcing activities in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that Apex’s new customer’s needs are met in a strategic and cost savings manner.
3. Procurement of “just in time” assigned materials and products for turn-key and customer-directed projects at specified quality, in the quantity needed and at the lowest possible price.
4. Participation in ensuring that regulatory and procurement processes, administration and data are accurate and provide information in a way that moves the business forward.
5. Understanding and maintaining a culture of “lean action” within the department so that we live lean better than any organization.
Prior Experience Required:
This position requires more than 7 years and less than or equal to 15 years experience in a procurement or purchasing position in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge Requirements: The knowledge necessary to be successful in this role is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
· Proficient utilization of PC, MRP and related software (Word, Excel, Access, Database Management, etc.) experience.
· Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, negotiation and contracting skills in previous experience.
· Requires specific knowledge of a manufacturing or technical field.
Certifications or required class attendance: Preference to candidates that hold certifications from any of the following organizations: ISMT, NAPM, APICS