Assistant Buyer (closed)
Are you ready to grow your purchasing and relationship building skills to the test? Apex is hiring an Assistant Buyer!
Apex is seeking an organized, driven, up & coming Assistant Buyer to help our customers grow and save moneyby assisting with the procurement of packaging materials, parts and components. We are seeking someone who can provide “just in time” purchasing at the specified cost and quality in a LEAN manner.
Apex International is a rapidly growing & financially stable environment that prides itself on internal employee development, promotion from within, and providing a fun and dynamic working environment. Apex International offers competitive wages, a full benefits package including medical & dental, various insurance (life, long & short term disability, AD&D), 401k options, generous vacation and additional PTO accrual.
The ideal candidates will a minimum of 1 yr and up to 3 years of experience in the following areas:
- Establishing, developing and maintaining a network of suppliers that fit the Apex business model, Purpose and Values.
- Procuring “Just in Time” materials and products for turn-key projects at specified quality, in the quantity needed and at the lowest possible price.
- Ensuring that the timing and flow of materials and components through the supply chain is synchronized with the Apex financial and business requirements.
- Monitoring inventory levels and ensuring materials and components are being received in amounts ordered and at levels required, but not exceeded by production.
- Establishing system “reorder points” that ensure synchronization with Apex financial and business requirements
- Verification of receipt of goods purchased and reconciling against purchase orders to ensure order accuracy.
- Completion of all new product sourcing activities in a timely and accurate manner to ensure that Apex’s customer’s needs are met. This includes identification of supply sources, RFQ/RFP, and reorder planning.
- Maintenance of procurement records such as items purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
- Understanding and maintenance of a culture of “lean action” within the department.
Qualification and Skill Requirements:
This is JR. Buyer Position- requiring a minimum of 1 year and a maximum of 3 years of experience in an Assistant Buyer or Jr. Buyer position, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge Requirements: To be effective, this position requires:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Proficiency to utilize PC, MRP and related software (Word, Excel, Access, Database Management, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong organizational, analytical, negotiation and contracting skills in previous experience(s).
- Requires specific knowledge of a manufacturing or technical field.
- Knowledge necessary for this role is normally acquired through four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's Degree.
Certifications or required class attendance: Certification or class attendance from any of the following organizations: ISMT, NAPM, APICS is desirableTechnical Competencies:
- Uses processes and technology to improve the quality and efficiency of purchasing or procurement practices; follows processes well.
- Can maintain and grow technical knowledge and expertise. Can be accurate, precise and pay attention to detail.
- Has a working knowledge of personal computer operation. Is proficient at Microsoft Windows 2000 and Microsoft Office 2003 or higher.
- Can read and write at a college level.
- Understands and can do basic math, algebra and calculus to create a spreadsheet report or produce a query.
- Can read and follow specifications.
If you are interested in this role, please apply here with a resume and introduction OR via our website at www.trustapexinternational.com/careers