Medical Science Liaison-(Mid Atlantic) (closed)
This is a field-based position for the Women’s Health Medical Liaison team within Medical Affairs. The position will cover New Jersey, Delaware, Eastern Pennsylvania, Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia . The preferred candidate will live near a large airport within territory.
Under general supervision, establishes and maintains partnership between the Company’s Pharmaceuticals and the healthcare community. Develops research, education and training programs to improve training programs to improve patient outcomes and increases understanding of disease states and their treatment options. Assists the Director/Associate Director in coordinating the activities and mentoring of a medical liaison team. Assist the Director/Associate Director in development/implementation of strategic, scientific and educational initiatives to achieve the business, medical and marketing objectives
Carry out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures and state, federal and local laws.
· Establish and maintain relationships with key thought leaders, regional advocates, healthcare organizations, professional societies and government contracts.
· Identify, develop and implement programs that bring value to healthcare providers and their respective institutions.
· Oversee project management and foster strong team performance.
· Facilitate development of investigator-initiated research proposals.
· Assist the Director/Associate in the coordination of the medical liaison team related to investigator initiated research and publication opportunities.
· Identify and work with investigators who are interested in participating in Company-sponsored clinical trials.
· Identify areas of research that competitively positions Company products in the marketplace.
· Identify novel therapies and emerging technologies that provide opportunities for new acquisitions.
· Represent Company at national and regional meetings and conference.
· Assist the Director/Associate Director in the coordination of activities of medical liaison team at professional society meetings.
· Assist the Director/Associate Director in the development and coordination of Company sponsored symposia.
· Serve as a mentor and trainer to Medical Liaison I.
· Serve as an educational resource to internal and external customers.
· Assist in training sales and business personnel.
· Provide accurate, up-to-date scientific and medical information to internal and external customers.
· Assist Company colleagues in developing strategies and action plans that achieve business objectives and maximize use of resources.
· Communicates best practices that address education and research needs of healthcare providers.
· Identify and develop advocates for Company Speaker’s Bureau and advisory boards.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· Women’s health and/or Urology.
· Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and other regulatory requirements.
· Pharmacology and pharmaceutical principles, practices and their application.
· Public speaking and presentation techniques.
Minimum of a bachelors degree in a scientific/technical or related field from an accredited college or university (PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred), and a minimum of 8 years of directly related experience including at least 2 years of field-based medical liaison experience, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.