Sr. Windows Systems Admin (closed)
Columbus Technologies and services is aggressively looking for a Sr. Windows Admin for an ongoing assignment in the Healthcare industry.
This individual should be comfortable working in an organized and structured environment, be able to continually provide knowledge and feedback to other team members, be willing to learn from others, provide leadership as primary Senior Administrator, and assist in developing and following system support processes and procedures. Candidate should be a results-driven, detail-oriented self-starter possessing strong interpersonal skills with a strong focus on customer service and documentation. This individual should possess the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, adjust to changing priorities and different personalities, and work independently as well as part of a close-knit team.
- Investigate and document new technologies, tools and methodologies to improve system stability and reliability, and advance systems administration procedures across all teams.
- Document, plan, design, implement, support, maintain, and monitor all aspects of an enterprise Microsoft-based environment.
- Assists in defining policies and procedures in the areas of Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Systems Management, Monitoring, Systems Administration/Security, Build Standards, and Server Build Automation.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Perform other job-related responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience:
- Equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field.
- 7+ years experience as a Windows Systems Administrator in a client/server environment.
- Server 2008 MCSE or later preferred.
- CCNA / Cisco experience preferred.
- Microsoft Windows 2003 & 2008 OS
- Knowledge of Active Directory 2003/2008 including but not limited to GPO, schema, and best practices.
- Experience with SQL 2005 and 2008 clusters.
- VMWare, ESX
- A solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Sold understanding of SAN/NAS storage systems and their integration with server applications.
- Ability to work in a team environment with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities while staying a team player.