Maintenance & Repair Supervisor (closed)
Compliance and control of M&R programs, repairs and recommended services of both depot and pool chassis at Metro NY/NJ locations. Work with terminal staff and M&R vendors to provide our customers with safe, reliable equipment, in full compliance with all regulations. (Normal daytime shift)
- Perform pre, during and post repair quality control inspections of chassis. Perform required vendor audits, reports, measure progress and follow-up at Metro Pool and other locations as dispatched including the depots on a timely basis.
- Use of hand held and mobile technology in the performance of the day to day duties.
- Reduce costs by constantly reviewing estimates for efficient repairs, correct tariff times, parts pricing and repair procedures.
- Accurately determine and submit terminal claims for chassis damages.
- Inventory management: interact with operations department in the repositioning and control as required to maintain proper inventory levels.
- Oversee and manage tire, warrantee and any other corporate programs at assigned pools and depots and in conjunction with staff personnel.
- Reviewing and approve Metro Pool invoices via EDI and manually where appropriate.
- Maintain daily and/or weekly operational reports designed to manage and illustrate pace of repairs.
- Oversee on and off-hire surveys of chassis, verification of customer hired surveyors’ results and/or joint inspections with customer supplied surveyors.
- Oversee and help further control scrap program at depots.
- Minimum 2 years Intermodal experience and knowledge of industry with an understanding of maintenance requirements for intermodal equipment
- IICL Chassis certification a plus
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and pass a background check
- Must be able to perform “walk-around” inspection of chassis, as well as using a crawler to check brakes and axles
- Must be able to lift and move truck tires
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Flexibility to quickly adapt to change
- Ability to excel in a fast paced and dynamic work environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Must be able to multi-task and work independently as well as contribute to the overall success of the team
- Must comply with OSHA regulations and specific location safety policies and procedures.
- This job function is performed on-site at a marine terminal requiring significant safety precautions and safety gear.
- Tempo is fast-paced with stringent deadlines.