Sr Project Manager (Environmental Remediation) (closed)
Position: Sr. Project Manager (Environmental Remediation)
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Contract to Hire
Compensation: Negotiable but estimated between 100 - 140k / yr; full benefits offered at conversion to full time
Start Date: ASAP
- The Environmental/Remediation Senior Project Manager will act as the Company representative with the client, subcontractors, and Texas regulatory agencies and provides direction and management for large investigation and remediation projects.
- Provide strategic leadership, mentoring and management to local staff
- Participate in business development, client development, and proposal activities to expand work with existing and new clients
- Develops budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project.
- Plans, directs, supervises, and controls the execution of all business, technical, fiscal, and administrative functions on projects.
- Participate, as required, in project-related negotiations with regulatory agencies and stakeholders.
- Assigns responsibility for executing project plans to key subordinates.
- Ensures that the project meets or exceeds established goals.
- Promotes technical excellence of staff and projects
- Monitors and reports to management on the progress of project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost or schedule.
- 4-year degree (minimum) or MS in Civil/Environmental Engineering, Geology or related technical field
- At least 15+ years of experience focusing on engineering and project management of large remediation projects including superfund sites.
- The candidate shall have experience in various phases of investigation, design, and construction.
- The candidate should exhibit proven project management, technical leadership and client management experience and a thorough knowledge of current technologies, industry practices, and regulations of the required expertise
- Strong communication, technical writing, organizational, and presentation skills are required
- Professional Engineer in TX is preferred.
- Local candidates highly preferred.
Qualified candidates MUST be able to legally work in the United States, through US citizenship, a Green Card or Visa that does not require sponsorship.