Part of the R&D product development team, and partnering with marketing and seasonings by applying internal and external culinary resources to projects in order to leverage the influence of culinary trends, ingredients and methods. Activities will include the following: 50% culinary chef, and 50% product developer/scientist as an innovation contributor
Key Responsibilities include:
- Supporting taking oats and grains to the next level
- Train scientists on food preparation that will enhance their skills to understand end user and help with product development and innovation across both QNA and GNG
- Plan and Execute Objective, Project Specific Culinary Explorations
- Plan and Execute Subjective, Inspirational Culinary Explorations
- Develop and Document Culinary Gold Standard Prototypes
- Interact, Maintain and Employ External Network of Culinary Resources
- Partner with Culinary Capabilities within our Vendors
- Help lead innovation as a Scientist
- Strong leadership skills with experience in setting the technical R&D agenda.
- Ideal candidate will have experience leveraging open innovation as well as external networks to help identify new technology opportunities enabling new business platforms.
- High level understanding of process development, product formulation, ingredient technology, food processing, food safety, and process control.
- Positive learner--highly creative individual with desire to gain and apply knowledge to new processes and products.
- Culinary Degree, Bachelor in Food Science or Chemical Engineering
- Formal, Culinary Arts Training
- A thorough knowledge of food preparation and presentation
- Fine dining and catering expertise 5+ years
- 8+ year experience in product innovation in food industry
- Knowledge of current culinary trends
- Strong communication and organizational
- Strong personal leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in cross-functional teams. (Technical Services, Business units, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain and suppliers).
- Ability to recognize/understand the cause and effect of product/ingredient/process changes and identify effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to translate business objectives into strategic and tactical project goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to make significant technical scientific advances utilizing internal and/or external resources.
- Must be willing and able to travel 15-20% of the time