Advisory Services Senior - Financial Services Office - Enterprise Intelligence (closed)
No H1B Sponsorship Visas at this time. You must have 2.5 years remaining on your current visa to apply.
We're currently seeking a highly motivated Senior to support client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services, and lead business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
The company's Financial Services Office (FSO) is a uniquely industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers (traditional and alternative), insurance and energy trading companies, and other organizations.
Our Information Technology Advisory Services (ITAS) practice provides business driven technology advisory services which include: technology strategy, technology enablement, information management services, market, credit and operational risk, security, program advisory, and process and controls. The ITAS team includes individuals who have deep industry, product and client knowledge.
Within ITAS our Information Management and Analytics Services (IMAS) team works collaboratively with our clients to manage engagements and lead teams of data analysis resources in all aspects of design and delivery of information solutions - including Data Quality and Governance, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, and Data Management. IMAS is integrated into all Advisory service offerings and assists clients to leverage data as an asset throughout its business processes.
FSO Advisory Services is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential. Being a member of our FSO Advisory team means you will specialize in a particular competency - Risk, Performance Improvement, or Information Technology Advisory Services.
Client Engagement Leadership : Establish relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
Technical Leadership : Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- a bachelor's degree and approximately 2 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 1-2 years of related work experience
- a degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field; MBA or MS degree preferred
- a minimum of 1+ years of relevant work experience at a financial services company or comparable experience working as an advisor to a financial services company
- strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
- ability and comfort level researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies
- a willingness to travel to meet client needs; estimated at 80-90%
- a valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness and ability to travel internationally
Specifically, the candidate should demonstrate understanding and experience in at least one of the following:
- Data Management
- Participation in developing enterprise data strategies and roadmaps
- Participation in developing architectural and design patterns, considerations, solution options, and impact
- Experience in developing state, event, UML, and Entity-Relationship models for financial institutions (retail, private, investment banks, asset management companies, or Insurance providers). Specific experience in modeling data warehouse and operational data store. Must have gone through at least one full life cycle implementation
- Experience in designing and implementing SOA based data solutions
- Design and implementation ETL solutions using one of the leading ETL packages (e.g, Informatica, Ab Initio, DataStage)
- Design and implementation of an operational data store and data warehouse on one of the leading platforms (e.g., Oracle, DB2, Teradata. Sybase, SQL Server, Netezza)
- Architecture, Design, and Implementation of leading metadata vendor solutions (e.g. Rochade, Adaptive)
- Data Quality and Governance
- Identification and analysis of data issues impact financial services organizations
- An understanding of the data used and the associated inherent issues in Investment Banking, Retail Banking, or Asset Management
- Ability to conduct discovery, perform root cause analysis, and make recommendations for the remediation of data quality issues
- The ability to design and recommend governance structures and control frameworks for the ongoing management of data at financial services organizations
- Experience with large scale data remediation projects, from issue identification, through to remediation/resolution as it relates to specific regulatory, risk, or operational issues
- An experience with key data quality applications available in market
- Business Intelligence
- Development of reporting and analytics business capabilities, strategy and roadmap
- Facilitation and definition of reporting and analytics business requirements
- Definition of Business Intelligence technical architectures
- Design and implementation of at least one of leading Business Intelligence packages (e.g., Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Spotfire, ClickView, SAS)
- Business Analytics
- Ability to analyze and review client business data to identify key indicators pertaining to operations, risk, finance, compliance, or process and controls
- Design and implement analytical business and technology solutions to meet identified key indicators
- Ability to perform data forensics to identify suspicious banking, brokerage or insurance transactions in such areas as anti-money laundering, trade surveillance, or fraud
- Experience using analytics/BI packages (e.g. Cognos, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Spotfire, ClickView, SAS) to build client analysis solutions
Specifically, the candidate should demonstrate comprehensive understanding of at least one of the following functional competencies across Banking and Capital Markets, Insurance, Asset Management or the Wealth Management industry:
- Consumer Credit Risk
- Counterparty Risk
- Liquidity Risk
- Market Risk
- Experience specifically with risk in credit card, mortgage or capital markets
- Experience with risk tools such as QRM, Blackrock, Summit and Calypso
- Consumer banking compliance
- Anti-money laundering
- Brokerage compliance
- Fraud prevention
- Brokerage supervisory procedures
- Insurance regulatory compliance
- Asset management compliance
- Fair lending
- General Ledger and Consolidations
- Planning and Forecasting
- Management reporting
- Performance Management
- Cost Analysis
- Product Control
- Tax reporting
- Sales, Service and/or Marketing
- Single View of Customer/Customer Master Data
- Customer Analytics and Segmentation
- Multi-Channel/Social Media
- Product and Pricing
The successful candidate should possess strong knowledge of and experience in executing various phases of the technology life cycle, based on proven project management and testing methodologies. It is essential that the successful candidate possess a deep knowledge of technical architecture design and have a good understanding of technology tools and components to reasonably argue for and against all components (middleware, database, reporting tools, etc.) in financial systems architecture.
- Data Management