Windows Administrator (closed)
New York, NY
50/hr c2c compensation
Windows 2003 / 2008 System Administrator
Location: NYC, NY
Duration: 12 Months
- Security Management using User Rights, Local Group Policy, Local Account Policy.
- Monitoring Security Events using Event Viewer and Audit Policies.
- Monitoring and optimizing system performance using Task manager and Performance monitor.
- Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting of DNS services.
- Installing, Configuration and troubleshooting of DHCP.
- Installing, Configuration and troubleshooting of WINS
- Installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows 2003 servers
- File and Print Server management
- User management, Back Up and restore management of AD objects.
- Performance monitoring and fine tuning of Server 2003 and Active directory.
- Good understanding about AD FSMO Roles and sizing the Roles.
- Conducting audits and ensuring the adherence to the SOX, GCC Compliance.
- Cluster Handling and configurations
- Addressing performance bottlenecks & ensuring maximum server uptime.
- Assessment on Hardware for Capacity Management
- Managing customer service operations for rendering and achieving quality services.
- Responsible for resolving customer complaints on technical issues
- Suggesting improvements in the operations and processes to make the system foolproof.
- Providing value added customer services by attending customer queries and issues.
- Implementing and Installing Windows 2000, windows 2003, 2008 server
- Configuring, Managing and trouble shooting AD related issues.
- Administrating Group Policy (Windows Security)
- Administrating IIS (Creating & Maintaining Website and FTP site)
- Administrating Disk Management Tool (Basic & Dynamic)
- Assigning Disk Quotas and Special NTFS Permissions
- Good knowledge in assigning folder Security permission in Windows 2003/2008
- Firmware updates for all server hardware
- Installation of latest patches for fixing security bugs on relevant platform.
- DFS configuration deployment and maintenance
- Server Build & Performing/ abiding Operational Checklist.
- Server Sizing according to Project Requirement.
- Configuring Raid controller RAID0,1,5,10,50 and knowledge on controller version
- Knowledge on Server Decommissioning process and procedures.
- Installing, configuring and Managing Print servers.
- Recovering the system to its normal condition for the client and server.
- Knowledge on Backup and policies.
- Installation and troubleshooting knowledge in VMware.
- Configuring / troubleshooting Terminal and licensing Servers
- Adding and configuring new disks to volume groups and creating logical volumes.
- Maintaining & troubleshooting scripts written both in VB as well as Powershell
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Sound knowledge of Documentation.
- Good Team player and Man management.
For VMware Environment:
- Experience in Installing, Configuring & Managing VMware ESX Servers
- Experience in Installing, Configuring & Managing VMware Virtual Center Server
- Experience in P2V in production environment
- knowledge on HA and DRS
- Deployment of Virtual Machines
- Troubleshooting Knowledge on VMware ESX Servers and Virtual Center Server