Dynamics AX Programmer/Analyst (closed)
$80 - 100K+ with Full Benefits compensation
Programmer/Analyst (Dynamics AX)
LOCATON: Eugene, Oregon
TRAVEL: 10-20% domestic travel
TRAVEL: 10-20% domestic travel
We are looking for an individual that will be part of a team of IT professionals that will develop, modify and manage computer applications that automate and improve business processes using Microsoft Dynamics AX (Axapta). The company will rely on the Programmer/Analyst to ensure that the applications provided are stable and maintainable, that they meet or exceed the business needs, and that they leverage technology to increase efficiency and profitability.
This full-time position is located in beautiful Eugene, OR, and provides an exciting, stable, career opportunity for an experienced Programmer/Analyst with experience with Dynamics AX (Axapta). It offers excellent compensation, and a full benefits package.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Elicit business requirements, rules and data needs from staff across organizational and geographic boundaries using a variety of methods, such as conducting user interviews, site visits, process observation, document analysis, etc.
- Review and evaluate business requirements and user requests to determine feasibility and compatibility with current systems.
- Accurately estimate cost and time required.
- Following industry-best practices, create/enhance software programs, products and modules by designing and coding software that adheres to defined business requirements.
- Perform comprehensive unit testing of code created.
- Participate in the user testing/quality assurance process.
- Collaborate with the business analysts and users to ensure that the application functions properly, performs acceptably and meets the defined business requirements.
- Prepare, communicate and successfully execute an appropriate implementation plan.
- Partner with both business and technical groups to develop and maintain an effective working relationship, seek solutions and make recommendations that meet sponsor and stakeholder needs.
- Provide exceptional customer service for reported application issues ? researching and identifying reported problems and working towards quick and appropriate resolutions.
- Collaborate as part of a development team through weekly status meetings and periodic planning sessions, providing weekly updates on project progress to management.
- Be proactive - anticipate and solve system problems through ongoing analysis, monitoring and code review to identify and correct problems and improve performance.
- Study and participate in training opportunities to stay current on the development languages and software applications in use.
- Research and make recommendations regarding the proper application of new technology.
- 5 years of experience in programmer/analyst or comparable position.
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science/MIS or related field.
- Basic understanding of business practices, including accounting, sales and production cycles.
- Minimum one year?s experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX application version 4 or greater
- Experience managing and developing solutions with the Dynamics AX product stack including SharePoint, Reporting services and core X++ development
- Experience working with the Dynamics AX Application Integration Framework
- Experience with specific MS Dynamics AX (or other ERP system) modules of Inventory Management, Production, CRM, and Shop Floor Control are desired.
- Experience with SQL and SQL Server preferred
Experience developing/modifying business applications using Visual Basic, .Net or C++ preferred.
- Must be CURRENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK in the US, (US Citizen, Green Card, EAD) (may be willing to consider HB1 transfer)
- Ideal candidate will be willing to live in / relocate to Eugene, OR.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and confidently with users, team members and management.
- Manage meetings effectively by setting agendas, maintaining focus and identifying action items.
- Provide timely status reports to management of task/project status.
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills, including the ability to maintain several concurrent projects while providing realistic delivery dates and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to research and diagnose system problems, which may include the evaluation of programming logic, databases, system output and other application issues.
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Will be required to submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- Competitive Compensation - $80K - $100K+
- Full Benefits Package