SQL Server Database Administrator to join our growing development team. The individual will be responsible for maintaining high availability, high efficiency and highly redundant SQL Server database systems. Additionally they are to support engineering efforts for new code deployment, application software updates and conversions between application versions (SQL Server or internal apps).
Plan, coordinate, and administer database systems, including base definition, structure, documentation, long range requirements, operational guidelines and protection.
- Facilitate database backup and recovery, document and test backup and recovery procedures
- Define and enforce SQL Server installation, configuration and security standards across the organization
- Perform database server installation, configuration, upgrade and patching in standalone and clustered environments
- Manage all aspects of database operations including implementation of database and system monitoring tools, event monitoring, and diagnostic analysis
- Develop, implement and verify processes for routine database maintenance
- Track and resolve database related incidents
- Provide development and production support to troubleshoot day-to-day database related application issues
Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent education and work experience is required Skills required in areas of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 / 2008.
- Experience with optimizing databases for speed (indexes, partitions, configurations)
- Experience dealing with large amounts of data and large storage solutions
- Experience with transaction log shipping and replication
- Experience with clustered solutions
- Knowledge of project/task estimation and planning