Gaming - Web Application Framework Developer (closed)
Web Application Framework Developer – Gaming
Island Recruiting is proud to welcome a new client! Working with this development and gaming company we are seeking a Web Application Framework Developer for gaming platforms. Reporting to the Lead Developer the select candidate will have a minimum of 2 years ‘real world experience’ developing web based software applications.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a knack for application framework development and a keen interest in incorporating software development knowledge to the video game industry.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you must have:
- Programming experience with server-side languages: Ruby, Java, Python, PHP, or C#
- Experience with database design: Relational (MySQL) or Non-Relational (mongoDB)
- Experience writing queries for data insertion, modification, and return.
- Experience implementing systems following the MVC paradigm.
- Experience leveraging external APIs for social media connection (Facebook Graph API or other).
- Familiar with reading, writing, and serializing XML data.
- Familiar with reading, writing, and serializing JSON data.
- Version control software experience, with preference given to Git.
- Experience using bug tracking systems, with preference given to JIRA.
- Strong mathematics and statistics.
Experience in any of the following would be considered a strong asset:
- Experience with server-side frameworks: Rails, Django, Spring, etc.
- Web infrastructure knowledge: server configuration, firewalls, load balancing, etc.
- Familiarity with *nix environments.
Our client a leader in the video game industry is developing unique product, has unique IPs and offers a creative working environment, very competitive salary and excellent comprehensive benefits package. If you are seeking a challenging, fast paced opportunity where you can stay up-to-date with the most current products and developments please contact Ashlee at HIRE@islandrecruiting.com.