.Net (DotNet) Application Development Manager (closed)
Position: .Net Application Development Manager
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Est. Duration of 1st. stage: 6 months
Type: Contract to hire
Onsite: On location at the Client’s site 100% of the time. No telecommuting or remote work.
Additional Information: Full Benefits when on perm
Description: Our Client, a vacation ownership company, is looking for a .Net Application Development Manager
- Manage a team of developers who develop and support a variety of internally developed web-based applications.
- Educate and raise the awareness of internal staff on development principles and standards, reference models, and process effecting system designs, technology selections and business value.
- Design customer-driven software solutions with re-use, security, extensibility, and scalability in mind.
- Provide accurate estimates for development of features and functionality.
- Conceptualize, design, and document new architecture for existing applications, utilizing design patterns, and design techniques appropriately.
- Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code meets development standards, functional specifications, and is easily maintainable.
- Ensure that development follows established IT principles, architecture decisions and SDLC.
- Mentor team to ensure they are current on latest technology developments and work with team to determine how to best integrate new technology into application development.
- Develop career performance/development plans, training and prepare and administer performance evaluations.
- Experience managing mid-sized development teams (5+ years)
- SharePoint (WSS / MOSS) technical lead experience (2+ years)
- Cumulative experience managing .Net application development with experience in solution architecture, design, and development (5+ years)
- Microsoft web development (C#, VB, Web Parts, ASP.Net) (7+ years)
- Experience producing and consuming Web Services (XML, WSDL) (4+ years)
- Experience designing and implementing scalable enterprise applications
- Experience with application and user security model
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field