General Manager of Operations (Manufacturing) (closed)
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Position/ Job Title: General Manager
For additional information about this position, please contact David Strauss at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (toll free) 1-855-876-7666
Our client, a leading manufacturer of components for locomotives is now searching for a General Manager of Operations for its facility in Chicago, Illinois.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to the following);
- Overall plant management including profit & loss, Capital Planning, Personnel, Strategy Development and Execution.
- Ensures manufacturing operates efficiently while satisfying customer requirements and international quality standards.
- Responsible for the following functions:
- Production planning and scheduling
Purchasing of all manufacturing/engineering equipment and supplies
- Quality assurance – setting quality standards, maintaining quality
- Manufacturing and engineering policy development, installation and maintenance
- Process and manufacturing capability improvement
- Annual budgets and targets
- Policy development in areas such as manufacturing, quality, cost reduction, delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee and union relations
Labor relations, including administration of the collective bargaining agreement. including negotiation, grievance and arbitration administration.
Internal and External stakeholder interface responsibilities.
Providing strong leadership to the employees,
Supervision of approximately 10 direct personnel and 75 indirect personnel.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor Degree (Technical field and/or business degree, Engineering preferred; MBA desired)
8 or more years of relevant experience (including managing a manufacturing environment)
For additional career opportunities in the railroad, transit and transportation industry, please visit www.executechglobal.com