Software Test Engineer (SDET) with good Dev experience. (closed)
Position Overview: Software Engineer in Test
*** Looking for SDET with some development experience ***
email us at email@example.com
Multiple Long-term contract opportunities in the Greater Seattle Area (Bellevue/Redmond)
- Design and implement robust, scalable, and high quality Test automation suites, to improve quality and productivity of functional and regression tests
- Strong contribution to requirements gathering, specification reviews and dev design to promote quality in the early stages of the project.
- Write, execute and debug automated test cases, Trouble shoot and debug complex transaction systems
- Execute test cases, report Test execution and Defect metrics for projects with sophisticated test management tools
- Test and maintain a high quality bar in a complex and constantly evolving environment
- Contribute to continuing process improvement of quality assurance standards and procedures
- Identify opportunities for process, tools and test methodology improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with QA and Testing, Test methodologies and how Test fits into the SDLC
- Strong knowledge of object oriented programming, along with strong coding and debugging abilities
- Proven ability to understand and translate functional requirements into working test plans and test cases for complex features
- Ability to leverage and integrate different industry-level automation frameworks/tool practices.
- Expert knowledge of test automation techniques and testing tools
- Proven ability to anticipate and identify strategic and technical issues before they become a problem
- Ability to prioritize and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field only
- 4+ years’ experience in software testing and/or development
- Solid design and development skills in one or all of the following Java, C#, C++ (Java preferred)
- Good understanding of object oriented programming with strong coding and debugging abilities
- Solid design and development skills in one or all of the following C++, Java, C#, Junit, CPPUnit
- Thorough understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
- Experience planning, designing, and implementing testing strategies and automation infrastructure for large scale software system.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, relational databases & XML preferred
- Good experience working on Windows and Java platform
- Deep knowledge of Internet technologies is required
- Prior knowledge and experience with Agile development practices preferred