Quality Manager (closed)
Our client is an industry and market share leader in the manufacture of all types of containers. The company has a long history of creating innovative products for the industry. Through its adherence to high quality standards and controls, they have been able to offer best-in-class standard and custom-designed products to customers worldwide.
Our client is looking to fill a position of Quality Manager to provide technical process support to the production operation to ensure continuous process improvement and growth within the plant.
The Quality Manager is responsible for developing and implementing process, product and equipment improvements in the plant leveraging Infinity software and Six Sigma methods. This position interacts with operators, engineers, management, maintenance, and customers. In addition, this position will also coordinate team building and problem solving activities to reduce customer complaints and improve quality.
The Quality Manager will focus attention on the quality of the products and processes of the business to ensure the safe, efficient and responsive operation of the manufacturing operations. Challenges of this position include the difficulty of implementing standardized processes and disciplines into an existing culture, the use of process optimization techniques and improvement of processing methods for the manufacturing operation.
The Quality Manager will also have a functional responsibility to implement major projects and product or process changes driven by the Quality Director. Accountable for:
· Provide ongoing technical support to plant operations to ensure safety, productivity, quality and delivery performance for the plant
· Quality and process improvement of existing operations.
· Assisting plant production and quality assurance in maintaining processes and maximizing machine performance, safety and quality.
· Develop standard operating procedures for production machines and related equipment.
· Responsible to ensure that all process control system and procedures are in operation to ensure products meet requires specifications.
· Together with the Production Manager, Maintenance Manager and Quality Assurance Technicians, direct in addressing matters involving non-confirming materials and products associated with the manufacturing operations.
· Liaise with Production (shift supervisor) and Maintenance as a resource person to ensure that the integrity of the manufacturing process is maintained or improved.
· Ensure that the Quality Management procedures are established, followed and maintained.
· Ensure all audits findings are solved and/or corrected quickly in coordination with his/her immediate supervisor.
- Engineering Degree or Equivalent.
- At least five years experience related to quality in manufacturing plastic products. In addition Six Sigma, team leadership, and problem-solving experience is preferred.
- Results Orientation- including the ability to communicate this necessity to others. The ability to react to difficult situations and deal with matters in a professional manner.
- Ability to react to situations in a timely manner and be flexible with people and operational assets. Organizational skills: especially including customer contacts and dealings with plant managers and sales people.
- Problem solving skills in managing the day to day operational crises that arise, as well as coming up with innovative solutions to process problems. Overcoming obstacles.
- Persistence- including the difficult job of managing multiple projects and assisting individuals with different agendas and diverse skills and personalities. The resolve to finish.
- Coaching and teaching skills
- Ability to get people organized in a manner that allows each of them to contribute to the success of the group.
- Ability to get through the other people skill deficiency and the ability to listen as well as speak.
- Ability to anticipate operational problems and act on those intuitions. To make corrections before problems arise.
- Expertise in process improvement principles, problem solving principles, and capability studies.
- Possess a value-added attitude, Attention to Detail, and highest degree of Integrity.