PeopleSoft Developer (closed)
Join STG, Inc. and watch your career soar! Be part of a diverse team of men and women who solve the most challenging problems today.
STG has been working operations and maintenance of financial systems with the Department of State in Charleston, South Carolina for over 10 years. We now have an exciting and challenging opportunity to work on a new global payroll system. For this reason we are looking for individuals who are up to this challenge and willing to learn how payroll is implemented globally in over 175 countries and over 135 currencies.
The PeopleSoft Developer working for STG in Operations and Maintenance (O&M) for the U.S. Department of State (DoS) will monitor, maintain and troubleshoot financial system software, specifically the Global Foreign Affairs Compensation System (GFACS). GFACS is based on North American and Global PeopleSoft Payroll instances. This position represents an opportunity to join the O&M team early-on as it grows and takes on full responsibility for the ongoing operations and maintenance of this large scale multi-national payroll system. The work site is the DoS Global Financial Service Center, located in sunny, scenic and historic Charleston, South Carolina, currently rated the number one tourist destination in the United States.
STG also offers exceptional training benefits to its employees and is willing to train applicants the required skills as long as they have the core knowledge of the PeopleSoft Development or Operations.
Works as a member of the team responsible to:
• Identify recurring Business Process and Payroll Year End activities
that include configuration updates, testing, and roll out.
• Diagnose and resolve PeopleSoft system related questions to ensure the
accuracy of business critical systems. Interact with database
administrators, developers, and business system users in this effort.
• Research and analyze interfaces to enterprise-wide systems.
• Analyze, design and test solutions to complex production problems.
• Participate in development of system test plans and acceptance criteria
relating to enhancements, bug fixes, bundles and tax updates.
• Develop specifications for system configuration or enhancements.
• Write Reports.
• Troubleshooting system issues.
• Analyze system updates.
• Manage change and quality control.
• Create and disseminate procedures/documentation and training material.
• Adhere to compliance standards.
• Effectively communicate and translate technical concepts to the user
community and fellow team members.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN AND ELIGIBLE FOR A SECRET SECURITY CLEARANCE
• Must have 5+ years experience and strong working knowledge of
• Must have strong knowledge of Application Engine, Application Portal
and People Tools
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Payroll data structures is desirable.
• Must have experience and working knowledge of Oracle 10g/11g, SQL and
• Experience with Application Designer, XMLP, Component Interface and/or
Control-M is desirable.
• Four year degree in computer science or closely related area. Four
years additional direct experience may be substituted for a degree.
• Must have experience and working knowledge in software development life-
• Good troubleshooting skills are a must!
• Must demonstrate competency in Microsoft Operating System environment
and MS Office suite.
• Proven ability to thrive in a fast paced team environment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills are imperative.
STG is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
STG is always looking for qualified candidates. Jumpstart your career with an industry leader and Apply Today! In order to be considered for this position, you must apply through STG’s Career page.