Systems Engineer 5K SIGN ON BONUS (closed)
The Senior Systems Engineer position involves providing post-sales engineering and consulting services related to server, storage and virtualization technologies.
· Performs design and implementation of server, storage and virtualization solutions
· Maintains technical competency and requisite server, storage and virtualization industry certifications
Essential Skills and Competencies
· Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and perform research on technical problems with minimal guidance
· After hours on-call availability may be required
· Ability to effectively work on and prioritize multiple concurrent projects
· Self-motivation and team-player attitude
· Demonstrated ability to rapidly learn new technologies and paradigms
· Ability to research and analyze hardware and software issues
· Bachelors degree in IT, Engineering or equivalent field.
5+ years hands-on design and implementation experience working with relevant technologies.
· 5+ years of practical IT experience, with relevant experience implementing storage & data management solutions.
· 3+ years of hands-on design and implementation experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware ESX/i and vCenter Server.
· 2+ years of hands-on storage experience in virtualized environments (Fibre Channel, iSCSI, NFS)
· Strong experience in SAN and NAS technologies.
· SAN, NAS, and other storage-related industry certifications or accreditations are preferred.
· Practical exposure to storage and data management products from top-tier vendors such as EMC, NetApp, HDS, HP, Symantec.
· Strong experience in modular storage technologies and products from EMC (VNX, Clariion, Celerra), NetApp (FAS, V-Series), or HDS (AMS). Certifications are a big plus.
· Knowledge of Sun and HP storage is a plus.
· Strong experience in data replication technologies from EMC (RecoverPoint, Replicator, Snapview, Replication Manager), NetApp (SnapMirror, Snapvault, SnapManager) or HDS (HUR, TrueCopy, ShadowImage, COW).
· Strong experience in data management and data protection products. Knowledge of Symantec Storage Foundation, NetBackup, Backup Exec, EMC Avamar and Legato Networker products is a big plus.
· Strong knowledge of OS fundamentals for UNIX and/or Microsoft platforms.
· Strong knowledge of virtualization technologies and products from VMware, Citrix or Microsoft
Strong knowledge of blade system architectures (HP, Cisco, IBM or Dell)
· Hands-on knowledge of Intel-based servers.
· Experienced power-user of one of the following: Linux, Windows, or Solaris.
· Knowledge of automated tape libraries.