This position will drive and execute Corning’s Consumer Connectivity sales strategy and its evolution as the portfolio and customer base expands. The Sales Development Manager will be Corning’s face to the Consumer Electronics’ ecosystem customers and channel partners, and will facilitate the long term vision as well as deliver profitable short-term revenue streams from key accounts, spanning from private label to wholesale and retail sales activities.
- Responsible for developing and executing the winning sales strategy and account plans for active optical cable assemblies and future solutions in to the consumer electronics market worldwide.
- Identify, prioritize and pursue the key influencers and decision makers in this ecosystem in a professional manner
- Deliver on revenue opportunities for our short-term solutions, including Active Optical Cables (AOCs)
- Find strategic revenue opportunities for Corning’s Consumer-oriented building block component products (fiber, cable)
- Ensure long-term relationship building with key leaders in relevant organizations
- Translate the strategic vision into implementable Account-level action plans
- Deliver value propositions of our solutions and its building blocks (fiber, cable, connectors, assemblies) in a convincing manner to the different addressed audiences (channels, retailers, industry forums, device OEMs etc.).
- Support marketing in creating and adjusting value propositions that matter and creating messages that resonate with progressive CE Accounts
- Provide excellent access to key industry and channel partners to develop solid Voice of the Customer feedback to ensure we define the optimum product portfolio, features, attributes and benefits.
- Effectively communicate activities and opportunities within the organization
- Keep Major Accounts’ organizational charts up-to-date and available
- Develop and refresh diagrams of Major Accounts’ development, specification, and buying processes
- Input customer-facing activity reports into CRM (Salesforce.com)
- Provide input into management’s period reports, executive briefings, and similar as required
- Understand and track the current and future customer and channel landscape in order to position CCS for long term growth.
- Provide input to market trends, segmentation and sizes.
- Support the management of the wholesale and retail channel policy to ensure we maximize our market presence while maintaining optimum profitability and excellent channel support.
- Support the branding, public relations and promotion strategies that create a pull for Corning’s optical solutions while minimizing Corning’s financial risk and liabilities.
- Support Corning’s ability to be ready for the market launch in all commercial areas (e.g. Customer Service, Engineering Services etc.).
- Support Corning’s engagement in key industry associations (e.g. HDMI).
- Make recommendations and support, if appropriate, for external business development initiatives.
- Support PLM and Manufacturing in short and long-term forecasts and be the Program’s leader for the Greenbook and Blackbook business planning processes.
- BS or MS Degree in Technical Field of Study
- MBA or equivalent work experience
- Experience in sales development in at least one of the areas OEM, retail or channel sales
- CE industry experience, particularly in the interconnectivity area, is desired
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to develop and sell ideas
- Ability to bridge technical know how and customer relationship building across different levels (e.g. from CTO to product designer)
- Collaborative leadership and business acumen
- Ability to work in a cross functional and cross divisional team
- Willingness to travel over 50% of the time
- Eventual relocation flexibility is a plus
- Proficient use of CRM tools and PC software such as power point, spreadsheets, word processing, etc.
- Expertise in recruiting, hiring, and onboarding new commercial talent