Project Manager, Mining & Metals (closed)
We are currently seeking high caliber Project Manager, Mining & Minerals candidates to work on a permanent basis. Based in Vancouver, you will be working for one of the world’s leading engineering, procurement and construction companies.
As a Project Manager, Mining & Metals, your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, organize and direct all project activities including design, procurement, scheduling, estimating, cost control, construction, start-up and commissioning
- Organizing resources and establishing priorities with multi-national projects in the metals & mining industry
- Develop, establish and manage the scope, schedule, budget and implementation plan
- Establish project procedures in accordance with quality systems & guidelines and prepare the project execution plan
- Implement project quality programs & interface with internal and external clients
- Monitor adherence to schedule and budget, initiate and implement corrective action if required
- Provide timely and accurate project information and status updates to internal management and to clients
- Review project staffing requirements with other project managers and coordinate staffing for each discipline
- Coordinate design efforts with vendors and licensor's to assure proper and complete integration
- Manage suppliers, subcontractors and resolve budget, schedule and quality issues
- Management responsibility in respect to hiring, appraisal and training of staff as required
- Ensure that Health, Safety, Environmental and Security management issues are properly addressed according to standards and quality standards
Basic Job Requirements
The successful candidate will ideally have minimum 15 years experience with 5 years experience in management roles in delivering successful projects in mining/metals/heavy industrial sector.
- Experience working for an engineering consulting firm in an EPC/EPCM project environment is preferred.
- Successful performance as a Project Engineer or Manager on larger sized EPCM projects.
- An engineering or project management degree or proven expertise in relevant discipline.
- Registered, or eligible for registration, in the appropriate engineering/technical/ geological association is highly regarded.
- Proven ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop integrated, creative solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Occasional travel to site may be required.
To apply for this opportunity, please apply online via the link below or send your resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. TRS is an equal opportunity company.
TRS Staffing Solutions (Canada) Inc. specializes in supplying engineers, designers, project managers, and other technical and professional services personnel to a broad spectrum of industries worldwide.