Zylog delivers top jobs to top talent. We are currently seeking experienced professionals for exciting new opportunities and career advancement.
Zylog represents hundreds of client companies for both contract and permanent positions. New jobs are being filled every day and our experienced professional resource managers are waiting to help you screen the top jobs that match your skills and experience.
You don’t have time to search long lists of postings repeated on multiple web sites, so let our trained and experienced resource managers do the work for you. We review top jobs and will be the first to alert you when the right opportunity arises.
Our client is looking for a Business Analyst for a 4 month contract opportunity located in Toronto.
What makes this Special:
Our client is a prestigious nationwide Canadian Retail Company in search of experienced bilingual help desk agents to facilitate state-of-the-art retail technology implementation and support. This is an opportunity to be part of an energetic and enthusiastic technical help desk team in a growing organization. The client puts strong emphasis on investing in skills development and growth of all of their consultants. If you like to solve challenges and you enjoy delighting internal company associates with superior customer service, then this is the right environment for you.
- Analyze the PCI DSS and the payment transaction processing systems requirements.
- Analyze and document the business requirements pertaining to PCI DSS within the client’s technical environment, which may include EMV chip card payment processes and high volume over the counter and online transaction processing.
- Provide support during the designs, implementation and testing of the projects.
- Report on progress of assignment on a regular basis to the Project Management, raise any issue and concerns and propose mitigation strategies.
- Lead and/or participate in teams developing solutions.
- Conduct feasibility analysis, project scoping, and provide project work estimates.
- Conduct Joint Requirements Planning and Joint Application Design sessions.
- Analyze and map processes / data for current state and future state.
- Develop requirements involving elicitation, analysis, specification and validation.
- Use management tools and templates for requirements specifications (i.e. Sybase PowerDesigner).
- Provide reviews of and feedback on technical design documents.
- Conduct and/or participate in walkthroughs at each project milestone.
- Report status to and follow overall direction from the Project Manager and/or Lead Business Analyst
1. Feasibility Reports / Estimates
2. System Requirements specifications
3. Business requirements / rules
4. Business process models
5. Data requirements / models (conceptual / logical)
6. Business / Data Glossary
7. Business and System use cases
8. Functional requirements
9. Non-functional requirements
10. User Interface specifications
11. Requirements Traceability Matrices
12. Report specifications
13. Test plan/strategies, test cases
14. Risks and Issues
15. Status reports
16. Work plans
17. UML Artefacts, Activity Diagrams, Statechart Diagrams, Class Diagrams
18. Artefacts/documents required for enterprise architecture development from a business needs point-of-view (contextual and conceptual), as required for the Architectural Checkpoint review process
19. Other artefacts as determined by the project.
20. Support to Development and Test teams in following areas:
a. Building and testing support to development team
b. Reviewing test strategy, test plan and cases
c. Management of defect logs
d. Testing Applications
e. Supporting end- user inquiry
f. Defining the integration test plan
g. Defining the user acceptance test plan
h. Identifying and resolving problems/issues.
i. Documenting and managing risks, and liaising with other project teams to coordinate project interdependencies.
j. Documenting all artefacts in a shared project library.
The candidates must be able to work in a multi-project, multi-disciplinary enterprise environment seeking input and comment from other major initiatives.
All general skills requirements as described for Business Analyst
Experience working in Mainframe/MVS, IMS DB/DC, DB2, SQL, PLI, SAE, J2EE/Oracle environments
Knowledge and experience with Zachman Framework
Experience with SOA architecture
Strong knowledge of PCI (Payment Card Industry) Data Security Standards (DSS) Compliance Requirements
Proven experience with requirement management tools (i.e. Sybase Power Designer, Rational Rose)
Demonstrated technical skills including database model design, experienced with software design such as Visual Basis, Excel and Access programming
Experience with the RUS architecture and demonstrated knowledge of RUS applications, databases and systems
Knowledge of SDLC and structured methodologies, waterfall and iterative
Proven experience with Business Object Oriented Modeling, UML tools and techniques.
Proven skills in and experience with documenting deliverables outlined in Deliverables section. Examples of documents for which the candidate had lead responsibility must be provided, if requested
Work experience in investigating, analyzing, estimating system applications in a large integrated mainframe and mid-tier environment
Proven experience with all stages of automated system implementation in complex mainframe, with online and batch transactions
Proven experience with JAD facilitation and interpretation of business needs to technical requirements, project meetings for reviews
Prior first-hand working experience with a Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) in multiple PCI Compliance projects
Experience with OPS checkpoint and gating processes
Working experience with Road User Safety Solution Branch (RUSSB) PCI DSS Projects
Proven ability to perform successfully in completing an assignment of this nature, magnitude and complexity
Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills, verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
Experience in project management, negotiation, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
A team player with the ability to coordinate multiple projects with competing priorities and strict deadlines
Proven ability in completing an assignment of this nature
Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with the policies and procedures of Ontario Public Service
Keywords: RUS, Zachman, SOA, Service Oriented Middleware, PCI-DSS, Business Object Oriented Modeling, UML