Security Administrator / Active Directory (AD) – Identity Management Specialist
Position: Security Administrator / Active Directory (AD) – Identity Management Specialist
Location: Kansas City, MO
Contract: Long Term or Full Time
This position is located on the Information Systems Security Staff of the National Information Technology Center (NITC). Incumbent is an intermediate level security analyst / engineer and functions as a subject matter expert supporting the following NITC security systems:
Responsibilities include installation, administration, monitoring, operation, analysis, maintenance, and reporting of the enterprise authentication and authorization system (Computer Associates – Identity Management (IM) supported by Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Cisco).
- Must have a strong background and detailed understanding of the Microsoft Active Directory, Organizational Units, Group Policy, Security Templates, the LDAP protocol and LDAP attributes
- Must have a strong background and detailed understanding of managing a Microsoft Active Directory Forest with Parent and Child Domains
- Must have a background in managing a Microsoft or other Certificate Authority
- Must have a background and understanding of how to implement a Role Based Access Controls (RBAC) system using Identity Management software integrated with Active Directory
- Must work with system and network administrators to strengthen the security posture of enterprise systems using Authentication, Authorization, and Audit (AAA) and Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) services.
- Have the ability to manage enterprise user and elevated privilege accounts
- Documents all aspects of the system for daily operations and disaster recovery in addition to adherence of federal certification and accreditation requirements.
- Provides statistical reporting to illustrate enterprise security improvements.
- Must stay current on security skills by attending training annually at the cost of the contracted organization.
- Participates in the creation, review and enforcement of security policy, procedures and system documentation.
- Evaluates, recommends for acquisition, implements, or disseminates IT security tools, procedures, and practices to protect organizational systems.
- Updates system contingency or disaster recovery plans.
- Conducts security system and documentation reviews for managed systems.
- Analyzes systems performance of new and existing equipment.
- Provides knowledge transfer to government counterparts
This position will support a 24x7 NITC Security Program which includes after-hours incident response.
Notes from the Hiring Manager:
They need us to start with Active Directory (AD) management and then add CA Identity Manager if possible. It would be great if we could find someone who had experience integrating AD with Open Systems operating systems, such as Linux , Solaris, AIX.
1.) Active Directory 2003/2008 administration
2.) Strong on group policy in Active Directory
3.) Strong on VB scripting
4.) Understands digital certificates, how to assign/create/issue
5.) Understands RBAC (role-based access controls) concepts
6.) Have Java scripting knowledge, though mastery level expertise is not necessary
Thanks & Regards,
JMA Information Technology,
913-667-2848 [Direct] | 913-667-2828 X 206 | 866-639-4749 [F]
10551 Barkley St. Suite 400 | Overland Park, KS 66212
View my jobs @ http://www.bullhornreach.com/user/42066/jobs