Senior Security Engineer (closed)
San Antonio, TX
Seeking a Sr. Security Engineer for a cybersecurity services and solutions company in San Antonio, Texas. This is a direct hire opportunity with great benefits and great career advancement opportunity.
Retina Scan and Security Retina Scan experience is the key
- In-depth knowledge and understanding at the protocol level of TCP/IP.
- Fundamental understanding of traditional programming languages and shell scripting.
- Advanced skill and experience utilizing vulnerability scanning and penetration testing tools and ability to effectively and comprehensively discuss benefits, features and functionality.
- Advanced understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls and related standards (i.e., PCI, ISO27001/2, FISMA, HIPAA, CIPA, COPPA, SOX404).
- Capable of understanding complex business and information technology management processes. Be able to effectively and comprehensively discuss with senior management.
- Able to identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks, internal controls which mitigate risks, and related opportunities for internal control improvement.
Engagement Management and Team Leadership:
- Able to readily build and nurture trusted working relationships with clients, partners and team members.
- Execute advanced services and supervise staff in delivering basic services.
- Participate in and actively support mentoring relationships within practice.
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of approaches, methods and tools to support service offering or industry projects
- Facilitate use of technology–based tools or methodologies to review, design and/or implement security products and services.
- Excellent time management and capable of working independently and as part of a dynamic team.
- Active participation in decision making with engagement management and seek to understand the broader impact of current decisions.
- Identify opportunities to improve engagement profitability.
Consulting Business Development:
- Demonstrate a general knowledge of market trends, competitor activities, customer products and service lines.
- Aptitude to quickly understand clients' mission, business environment and basic risk management approaches.
- Advanced technical proposal and scope development
Technical Sales Support/SME
- Technical evangelist – Conferences, forums, industry events, speaking engagements, client and program boards/round tables
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information systems, information management or other related technical discipline.
- 5 plus years of computer security industry consulting experience.
- One or more technical certifications that meets DoD 8570 IAM Level I requirements.
- Preferred certifications include but are not limited to CISSP, CEH, CCNA, MCSE, Security+, GSLC, GISP, GCPM, G2700, GSNA.
- Must possess an active DoD Secret level clearance.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to travel 25%, 50% for candidates outside of preferred hiring areas.