Deputy Chief Compliance Officer (closed)
The Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and Counsel assists the Chief Compliance Officer in managing the Company’s’ Corporate Compliance Program. The Deputy Chief Compliance Officer and Counsel also furnish legal and regulatory advice to the Chief Compliance Officer and to the Compliance Program. This includes assisting in the identification of key regulatory risks in the Company's operations, reviewing compliance-related policies and training for legal accuracy and sufficiency, overseeing the operation of the Company's Confidential/Anonymous Internal Reporting Program, including oversight of investigations of compliance issues identified through the program or other sources, as well as such other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Assist the Chief Compliance Officer in managing the operations of the Office of Business Ethics, exercising leadership and oversight of the Company's Compliance Program, and ensuring compliance with the obligations of the Company's Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Maintain a working knowledge of relevant laws, regulations, and contract requirements
- Advise the Chief Compliance Officer, Risk Control and Compliance Officers, and members of the Office of Business Ethics on legal and regulatory matters related to compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and contract requirements
- Monitor federal and state regulatory policy development and enforcement strategies relating to the operation of managed care plans and advise the Chief Compliance Officer on emerging regulatory risk areas.
- Serve as the Chair of the Operational Compliance Committee which is responsible for coordination of Compliance Program activities at the health plan and operational levels.
- Serve as a member and Secretary of the Executive Compliance Committee.
- Manage the operation of the Confidential/Anonymous Internal Reporting Program including oversight of investigation of reports of potential compliance issues received through the program or from other sources, coordinate with Associate Services in the development and implementation of appropriate discipline and other corrective actions, and enforcement of the non-retaliation policy.[the implementation and enforcement of corrective action related to individuals and non-retaliation require coordination with Associate Services (HR)]
- Assist in the development and implementation of ongoing audits and performance assessments related to the effectiveness of the Compliance Program.
- Provide legal oversight of policies and training materials developed by the Office of Business Ethics.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree
- Juris Doctorate
- Membership in a state bar association.
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of health care laws and regulatory standards applicable to managed care plans.
- Strong knowledge of managed care operations.
- Familiarity with state managed care regulatory environment.
- Professional work experience with/for Federal and State agencies.
- Experience conducting complex compliance investigations.
- Proficient with window based environment, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio and Project
- Ability to create efficient and effective internal controls responsive to key regulatory risks.
- Proven effectiveness in partnering with operations management on compliance-related issues.
- Ability to translate legal concepts using words and terms that the average individual (someone without professional training in the subject area) can understand.
- Excellent research skills using legal/regulatory databases or search engines
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and summarize contracts, regulations, policies and procedures, reports and legal documents.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and manage.
- Ability to effectively set priorities and meet commitments.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and within strict time frames.
- Comfortable interfacing at all levels of the organization.
- Committed to excellent customer service.
- Appreciation of cultural diversity and sensitivity towards target population.
- Must be able to travel on common carriers
To learn more, send resume to Catrice Brady: Catrice@glcgroup.com or call 877-782-3345 ext. 231 to set up a confidential phone interview.