System Engineer IV (27287) (closed)
Support Wholesale initiatives for Fiber to the Cell and Ethernet scheduled within monthly Releases during integration testing through to delivery of code to the Production environment. Process test ASR’s/Orders, and Preorders through AccOrd, CSG, Exact and UOM applications, opening trouble tickets against defects in the initiative requirements. Provide both regression and progression testing support by executing transactions manually in the WS applications as well as through the use of automation tools such as QTP. Provide testing knowledge and support to the I.T. Development teams and internal Verizon Clients.
4 - 6 yrs experience
Strong knowledge of testing methodologies and practices, and the knowledge and experience using automation test tools. Individuals will be required to adapt to a high-pressure environment and work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as required. Must possess a broad knowledge of all aspects of the testing life cycle. Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. The testing of releases consists of running Core and New Functionality test scripts therefore individual must work closely with IT development staff and business clients to ensure fulfillment of requirements in each release as requested.
- Broad knowledge of Access Ordering, billing and provisioning applications (including and not limited to EXACT, AccOrd, CSG, UOM, OBP/DriveThru/EzWriter, CABS, etc.)
- Ability to analyze business requirements and from those requirements; create test scripts that map to requirement traceability.
- Past experience with the following products; Ordering, and Provisioning of Specials and Switch Access Service via the ASR process within the following systems, AccOrd, RequestNet, IOF, CABS2, SOP, WFA, TIRKS.
- Very strong experience doing analysis and testing with Access Service Requests (ASR's)
- Knowledge is the complex products of FTTC and ASR flow in North, South and West regions with knowledge in specials and switched products
- Access system knowledge and ability to work well with a team and independently
- Ability to troubleshoot problems with test data and work with Developers to fix problems
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization and driven to keep the client satisfied and ensure the FTTC projects are completed on time and with high quality.
- Ability to complete assignments with little tor no supervision, ability to follow directions, exceptional interpersonal and great written and oral communication skills
Hands on experience as a former Tester. Desired exposure to email & instant messaging. Desirable that individuals have exposure using databases and/or mainframe for entering and tracking Test Status & Trouble Tickets. Knowledge of Telephony, especially within Verizon Wholesale Access a plus.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title and number
Contract 6 months