Application Support Analyst (closed)
Rocky Hill, CT
Job title: Application Support Analyst
Key Responsibility: Support of key Applications to include Subscribe, Exact, Workflow, Apex, Documentum, Duck Creek & Claims center
Reports to: Application Support Manager
Direct Reports: None
To be responsible for addressing application problems and queries relating to “Subscribe” and other Applications and to assist with general business support activities undertaken by the IT Applications Support Team.
- Working closely with the IT Service desk to provide application support activities. This will involve analysis of issues and following up with end users and / or third parties. Types of issues handled will be related to application usage
- Analysis and resolution of all Application technical queries escalating to 3rd parties or other business functions as required
- Following and administering RCA and Incident Management processes and ensuring root cause is identified before any closure of incidents
- Maintain an analysis of all received issues and where possible taking proactive steps to prevent further instances either by following the problem management process or ensuring education or training is available.
- Building and Maintaining relationships with both internal and external stakeholders ensuring good communication and results are achieved.
- Ensuring knowledge is shared within the Application Support Team
Documenting training material, trends, support processes and known errors
- Working alongside projects to ensure smooth transition of new applications into the support function, documenting training, contributing to workshops and design stages and ensuring service acceptance is being followed.
- To act in accordance with and be an advocate for the Aspen Spirit.
- Participate and undertake applicable, technical and career development training (delivered internally and externally).
- Where applicable ensure company, market and client related documentation is issued (internally and externally) accurately and on time
- To operate as an effective team member by supporting colleagues and contributing in the delivery and achievement of overall team and business objectives
- Liaise with relevant and associated areas and groups within the business process to establish, support and maintain business relationships and organisational effectiveness
- To undertake any other duties of a similar nature that the company reasonably requests to be performed that are within the expertise and skills of the jobholder. These may be subject to periodic review and any updates and changes to be introduced after consultation with the person concerned.
- Relevant degree with 2 years’ experience or 5 years related experience
- A sound Insurance background.
- A working knowledge of the some of the supported applications would be preferable, although additional training will be provided.
- Customer and delivery focused with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external parties.
- Good analytical skills, with the ability to understand both the big picture and detailed subject matter.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Self motivated with the ability to prioritise workload and use initiative.
- Team player willing to learn and develop new skills.
- Microsoft packages Word, Excel, Outlook is desirable but not essential.