Assistant Area Manager - DC (closed)
Assistant Area Manager - Northern Virginia
Wouldn't it be great to love what you do and know that your work directly helps improve the lives of others? Our client's business is the first ever fusion of world-class technology with health & fitness. As one of the country's fastest growing franchises companies now in 27 states (and counting), this company is helping thousands and thousands of people live healthier lives every day. And it is also providing its corporate team with a healthy & balanced culture full of smart, mission-driven people who love being part of a fast-growing, dynamic new business.
We are looking for a motivated Assistant Area Manager with retail or hospitality experience to assist in the management and leadership of Koko FitClubs in the Northern Virginia area. You will be responsible for overseeing and driving daily performance, service and operational standards. As an assistant area manager you must be flexible and thrive on change. You must be able succeed in the daily challenge of creating something new and successful, while growing and learning both professionally and personally in the process. High energy, a proactive approach and a hands-on style is key since you will be overseeing a number of club locations.
There is great opportunity for growth as the company continues to expand across the country!
- Leading the day to day activities of staff in 4 current club locations
- Supervising, coaching, counseling and training staff
- Leading by example to provide a superior customer experience
- Creation of schedules and ensuring adequate staffing
- Ensuring safety and security for members and staff
- Spearheading prospect and member-facing activities (ie. community events)
- 2-3 years experience in a supervisory/management role
- College Degree
- Must be able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead/direct, coach and train others in a retail setting
- Ability to relate well using communication, interpersonal, diplomacy and related skills
- Supervisory team building skills
- Strong ability to operate independently yet stay connected to the company mission
- Effectively multi-task and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Strong client service and relationship management skills
- Must be fitness-aware