Project Support Officer (closed)
Location: Barton, ACT
Closing Date: Submit your Resume on or before 5th June 2012,5pm
Duration: 2nd July 2012 to 30th June 2013 + 12months possible extension
Client: Federal Government Department
Job Reference No: IPSJO20133
Innovative People Solutions is an independent supplier of IT & Commercial recruitment and we have successfully aligned our business in a continuous evolving industry in the Australian market since 1988. IPS has a certified management system to the requirements of ISO9001:2008. IPS is committed to excellence, quality and best practice. We have got a proven track record in delivering best services to our Clients as well as candidates.
Our client, a major Federal Government Department, is seeking Project Support Officer joins them to work on:
The work includes:
• Assist the Project Manager to manage the project and provide administrative support for the project.
• With guidance, undertake configuration and testing of network equipment to pre-specified configurations.
• Organize the packing and shipping of equipment and other material, both classified and unclassified to remote locations. This includes packing and managing the logistical aspects of all shipments.
• Assist in the development of project plans, project schedules and costing estimates.
• Monitor project progress and budget using department specific applications to assist in ensuring the successful delivery of projects.
• Communicate project information to stakeholders worldwide.
• Carry out procurement functions i.e. drafting Regulation 9/10 minutes, negotiate quotes, create and track purchase orders, receipt goods.
• Assist with hardware and software configuration management within the Client WAN network.
• Comply strictly with departmental change control procedures.
• Review and update post communications drawings.
• Other tasks as directed, in accordance with Client’s policies and procedures.
To be considered for the position you will have:
• Demonstrated experience in assisting with planning, risk management, scheduling, estimating, progress monitoring, measurement, maintaining and forecasting budgets and reporting and general administration to achieve project outcomes.
• Demonstrated experience with shipping, logistics management and procurement.
• Proven technical aptitude including installation skills and the supervised configuration and testing of network equipment.
Sounds like what you are looking for!!
Submit your resume in WORD format by hitting apply button or send resume in WORD format to Moni email@example.com.Alternatively for confidential discussion call Moni on 02-82346426.
call us on 02 8234 6400 for further details