Quality Assurance Technician (closed)
For more than 100 years Boar’s Head*, a premier provider of quality delicatessen products and services, remains committed to its time honored traditional processes through the involvement of their dedicated employees. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Quality Assurance Technician opportunity.
Reporting directly to the Quality Systems Supervisor, this position will oversee product fabrication in assigned areas within the plant. Responsibilities will include adherence to production processes and specifications, risk assessment and control, finished product quality assessment, and compliance to GMP, HACCP, USDA and company food safety regulations. Additionally, the successful candidate will implement approved standards and processes to minimize defects and ensure quality product.ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors pre-operational and operational sanitation standards prior to and during production.
- Ensures raw materials meet specifications for associated finished product.
- Ensures product processes are followed are followed throughout production.
- Verifies HACCP procedures are followed.
- Accesses finished products for acceptability.
- Conducts on-going risk assessment, develops corrective actions, and monitors implementation and maintenance of corrective actions.
- Creates and conducts statistical analyses for quality attributes, identifies process weaknesses, develops corrective action, and monitors implementation and maintenance of corrective actions.
- Accesses production equipment for suitability, acceptability, and condition.
- Ensures compliance with all GMP, company food safety, and USDA regulations.
- Communicates with plant production management on all issues related to product quality and food safety.
- Acts as liaison between plant and USDA inspectors to resolve noncompliance issues.
- Studies, identifies, and resolves other food safety and product quality problems as required.
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- One (1) to three (3) years experience and specialized training in a food processing environment where a thorough knowledge of food microbiology and HACCP was gained
- Excellent oral and written communication skills on a technical level
- Ability to perform complex math calculations regarding formulations, added ingredients, restricted ingredients, and percent yields
- Ability to read and analyze process charts, graphs, and logs
- HACCP certification desired
- Thorough understanding of statistical analysis desired
BOAR’S HEAD* IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
“Boar’s Head” may include Boar’s Head Provisions Co., Inc, Frank Brunckhorst Co., LLC, or one of our other affiliated companies.