Retail Manager (Food Services) - Victoria, BC (closed)
Compass Group Canada is the leading food service and support services company in Canada with over 25,000 associates and $1.45 billion in revenues.
Our vision for growth and success is a powerful one, to combine fresh ideas with the industry’s greatest talent - Great People, Great Service, Great Results! Because we ‘live’ our values, Compass Group Canada was named to the 2012 Top 100 Employers list in Canada for the fourth consecutive year.
Morrison delivers food, nutrition and dining services to the health care and senior living markets. Morrison’s key expertise running hospitals and long-term care culinary programs enables its hospital partners to focus on their core competency - patient satisfaction. In addition to offering numerous nutritional food choices to patients, visitors and hospital employees, Morrison’s retail marketing creates innovative, cutting edge programs.
The Retail Manager:
- Oversees the retail units which may include a variety of internal and external brands such as Tim Horton’s, White Spot, Starbucks and Pizza Pizza etc.
- Involved in all phases of operational planning and expenditures, budgeting, costing and sales reporting.
- Responsible for hiring, training, developing and leading a team of associates capable of providing great customer service.
- Responsible for the implementation of retail and marketing programs in your respective areas. You are accountable for menu planning, catering, staffing, scheduling, and production.
- Accountable for client and customer relationship building.
- Ensures strict compliance of Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Programs.
- Responsible for directing and supervising the duties of the Retail Food Service Supervisor, if applicable.
- The operation runs 7 days per week. Core working hours are Monday to Friday but additional hours are sometimes required.
- Proven management experience in a branded retail foodservice setting (eg. Tim Horton's, Starbucks etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to grow top line sales, monitor & minimize costs and manage overall financial responsibilities
- Proactively demonstrate the ability to recognize customer needs and market trends.
- Experience with branded concepts and food service catering.
- Have strong management and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop staff.
- Superior customer service skills and ability to train others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid basic knowledge of computers - MS Office, POS Systems etc.
- Previous experience managing in unionized environment
- Experience working with Professional cooking experience and menu planning skills
- Advanced Food Safety Training (AFST) is a must or Basic Food Safety training and will complete AFST within 90 days of hire.
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group!