Mobile Security Engineer
The Mobile IT Engineer is responsible for translating the client's mobile/wireless business requirements into specific system, application or process designs. This includes working with client personnel and executives to identify functional requirements and subsequently working with and leading others in the identification, justification and design of the client's mobility and wireless solution.
Responsible for a wide range of design and engineering activities from requirements analysis through systems, application and/or process design specification and implementation of these solutions. The position requires significant knowledge across multiple mobility platforms, processes or architectures, as well as broad knowledge of new technologies, device architectures.
- Significant expertise with architecting mobile security and management infrastructure for multiple mobile devices like the Android, iPhone, Blackberry, or other mobile platforms.
- Experience in planning physical architecture solutions including capacity planning, clustering architecture, firewalls, monitoring, etc.
- Experience assessing total cost of ownership for proposed solutions as part of developing a business case.
- Accountable to perform on-site analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex infrastructure and mobile device related issues for end-users.
- Accountable to recommend and implement corrective solutions to ensure quick and accurate service delivery.
- Accountable to install, configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot end-user mobile devices and related hardware and software.
- Accountable to collaborate with internal and external technicians to ensure efficient operation of the company’s mobile devices and server environment.
- Accountable for receiving and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding mobile device or infrastructure related issues.
- Participate in enterprise initiatives and projects as a mobile architect and engineer or as a team resource
- At least 3 years’ experience in handheld device development on at least one of the major platforms - iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, Symbian.
- 3+ years’ experience in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and System Center Configuration Manager.
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a technology position with a broad knowledge of network, desktop, laptop and distributed server hardware and software.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
- Technical skills through understanding of Mobile devices strategy and implementation.
- Windows based PCs, peripherals and networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with technical and non-technical staff and end-users.
- Excellent customer service skills, including empathic listening skills
- Excellent follow up skills to see task through to resolution and communicate problem status to end users such as notification of completion, notification of delay and explaining rationale.
- Knowledge in the following technologies: Microsoft Windows XP Pro, Windows 7, Office Pro (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), VPN and remote access clients, BlackBerry,
- IT Management
- IT service providers
- External Software vendors
- Applications development and support
- Architecture, Engineering and Planning
- End Users