Systems Administrator (closed)
CGI Federal has a dynamic opportunity for a junior-level Systems Administrator supporting DoD in Annapolis Junction, MD. This unique role is not only an IT generalist position providing day-to-day operational/systems support for our DoD client, but it also offers exposure to support Information Assurance directives.
This position will also play a significant local support presence in agency workflow and production, coordination of both Tier2/Tier3 support, and act as the local technical point of contact for enterprise-wide IT projects. Daily support will be in Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP Professional, and end-user support in an Active Directory environment. Also, Data Center Administration duties are required with server, workstation, LAN support, patch management, and deployment. In addition, installation, configuration, administration of local servers, workstations, and associated peripheral equipment, troubleshooting user computer and networks, and configuration of VoIP phones is required.
Administration of backup/restore applications is necessary as well as administration of Microsoft Technologies including Exchange, SMS, Active Directory, SQL Server, DNS and DHCP.
Principal Responsibilities & Duties:
- Provide general support of Windows systems to users.
- Receive helpdesk ticket assignments and resolve user issues.
- Troubleshoot network connections.
- Install and maintain software and hardware, controls current version and future releases of applications software
- Optimize the functionality of networks and systems, and diagnoses and recovers failed systems.
REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance
- Must have at least two to five years in system administration experience or related area
- Must possess at least one of the following certification: Security +, GSEC, SCNP, SSCP, GISF, or GSLC
- Knowledge of networking, and some experience troubleshooting a fiberoptic network
- Desire to grow in the Information Assurance/Information Security field
DESIRED Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- CCNA, MCSE
- Minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED)
Qualified candidates must apply online at: https://cgi.njoyn.com/cgi/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=21001&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0512-1416&BRID=EX198630&SBDID=1
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to professionals located in 125 offices worldwide. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.