Oracle Database Administrator (closed)
This position with our Global Information Services team will be responsible for the administration, update and maintenance of our Oracle environment. This position will be part of a global team which supports all Oracle related activities world-wide.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (essential functions of position):
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Provide ongoing DBA support for the Oracle E-Business Suite environment.
- Provide ongoing DBA support for other Oracle environments such as Data Warehouses, Materialized Views, Clinical and Cognos.
- Coordinate with other Information Services team members in resolving issues to the customer’s satisfaction. Provide excellent customer service.
- Monitor and audit security for the Oracle Databases and the computer systems they use.
- Assist and train end-users including I.S. staff.
- Work with team members to enhance the technological business environment at Orthofix.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience as an Oracle DBA, Database release 10g or greater.
- Experience with Oracle’s E-Business Suite, Release 11i.
- Proficient with Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Good phone skills.
- Must be able to communicate well with end users.
- Regular attendance required.
NONESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS (not necessary but preferred):
- In depth knowledge of RedHat Linux.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK CONDITIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to stand, walk and use business equipment daily such as P.C., copier, fax, telephone, etc.; occasionally required to reach overhead, bend, and lift objects of up to 35 lbs.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Eyesight and hearing must be correctable to standard level.