Summary: this is a highly Visible,hands-on leader is responsible for directing and coordinating start-up activities and continuing operations for one of four products line assembly teams (Wall Ovens, Slide-Ins, Freestanding Ranges, Cooktops) at new Cooking Plant that is being built. Plant will open in fall. The Operation Manager will drive and deploy Manufacturing Strategy to ensure ultimate satisfaction from Customer and Consumer.
This position will develop and drive projects for sustained performance improvement across key safety, quality, cost and delivery metrics as well as assist with indenting and implementing new technology in plant operations. This position will have a significant opportunity to impact the growth, direction and future of manufacturing for the Memphis assembly operations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities:
1) Successfully start up product line operations to meet or exceed all financial operational and customer deliverables.
2) Create a culture of zero injuries through the deployment of world class safety systems and processes.
3) Develop and implement quality systems that ensure all final product meets consumer expectations and standards. Includes partnering with purchasing and supplier quality organizations to guarantee incoming raw materials quality.
4) Establish strategic goals and objectives to ensure that the product lines business operational, financial, and quality objectives are aligned with commercial and manufacturing strategic.
5) Build a high performance culture that promotes engagement, teamwork, accountability, respect, and a winning spirit.
6) Manage performance and development of direct reports to achieve organizational and department goals and provide a work environment that encourages learning and growth.
7) Drive World Class Manufacturing operations through disciplined application of Lean Manufacturing tools and processes deployed through companies Manufacturing Systems.
8) Develop constructive cross functional partnerships and processes driven by strong communications to facilitate efficient and effective Operations across the site. Examples include indirectly leading a Product Care R & D engineer, as well as maintenance technicians, assigned to the product line team.
9) Help drive a TPM ( Total Productive Maintenance) culture on assembly lines to improve equipment uptime.
1) Requires a Bachelors Degree in Engineering and 7-10 years of direct leadership experience in manufacturing operations.
2) Demonstrated application of process management and Continuous Improvement Methodologies such as 5S standard work, Kaban and SMED ( Single Minute Exchange of Dies)
3) Demonstrated success in leading, managing and developing people.
4) Proficient with Office products ( Excel, word, PowerPoint)
5) Previous experience with plant start ups, including knowledge of new product introduction processes from concept to production is a plus.