Platform Configuration Engineer (closed)
Responsible for all configuration changes in production, DR, staging, and pre-production environments.
· Deploy suite of products in accordance to our established Service Level Agreements and committed schedules.
· Adhere to the company established guidelines for Incidents, Problems, and Change Management processes (ITIL), and meet all compliance requirements (SAS-70).
· Performs all deployments including Patches, MSR’s, and Majors.
· Responsible for working closely with Development in order to produce and formalize the deployment plan for production, DR, staging, and pre-production environments.
· Prepare, coordinate, and implement deployment outage schedules with other departments in order to minimize the impact of critical business services.
· Seek improvement opportunities by analyzing the current deployment model and methodologies and collaborates with other department leaders to improve and streamline the deployment process.
· Act as a senior to Platform Configuration Administrators.
· Recommends capacity change and optimization of the platform based on careful observation and analysis.
· Participate in discussions regarding implementation of complex deployment scenarios as well as their backup and roll back procedures.
· Responsible for application servers uniformity; ensuring that application servers within any clusters in preview, DR, and production environments meet configuration requirements listed in build documentation.
· Act as the center channel for deployment upgrade notifications, ETA, discovered problems.
· Interfacing with the development team for quick resolution of defects.
· Work nights and weekends when deployments are typically scheduled. Provide 24/7 support.
· Technical/Deployment/Configuration role at a software company, preferably SaaS (Software as a Service).
· Superior technical aptitude, written and oral communications skills and the ability to deal effectively with people.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
· Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle, Change Management, and ITIL processes.
· Hands on experience and working knowledge of distributed systems and environments.
· Proficient with Stored Procedures, T-SQL, and scripting.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Working experience with Windows Server Operating Systems, IIS, and Microsoft SQL server.
· Working understanding of high availability concepts such as load balancing, clustering, and cloud computing.