Category Manager (closed)
NETWORKING & SECURITIES
SANTA ANA or Buffalo Based
Ingram Micro Inc. is a Fortune 100 company and the world’s largest technology distributor and supply-chain services provider, offering sales, marketing and logistics services for the IT industry worldwide. As a vital link in the technology value chain, Ingram Micro creates sales and profitability opportunities for manufacturers and solutions providers with customers in nearly 150 countries worldwide.
Come grow with us! We have an exciting new opportunity for a Category Manager who will serve as the point person for his or her assigned sub-set of our Networking and Securities product categories. This is an amazing opportunity for an individual to develop creative strategies to maximize profitable category sales for the category. In addition the Category Manager will be responsible for creating the value propositions and business plans for achieving targeted Networking and Securities sales goals. Directing and interpreting industry and product research to facilitate decisions regarding category strategy as well as adding or exiting vendors.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Marketing Bachelor’s required, MBA desirable.
- Two to four years' related industry experience.
- Previous category management experience desirable.
- Market research and analysis experience including using syndicated research preferred.
- A solid understanding of the technology market product categories life cycles financial and market impacts preferred.
- Experience in developing and presenting business plans trends and results.
- The ability to assess category trend analysis and communicate to appropriate internal and external teams and management on a regular basis is required
- Ability to travel to executive, vendor and channel events required
Apply: To view a complete job description and to apply on line click the following link: http://bit.ly/KiLYAY
To view a complete listing of Ingram Micro career openings please visit www.ingrammicro.com
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Ingram Micro is dedicated to fostering the strength that diversity brings to our workforce. EOE M/F/D/V.