WorleyParsons #21341 Sr. Supervisor, Electrical Engineering - Substation (closed)
Electrical Engineer, Sr. Supervising - Substation
GATS Job #: 21341 Department: Electrical Engineering
Classification: Exempt Reports To:
Date Posted: 05.07.12 Location: Houston, TX – Bellaire Office
WorleyParsons is currently looking to hire an experienced Sr. Supervisor, Electrical Engineering - Substation with supervisory experience to be located in Houston, TX at our Bellaire office location. The Senior Supervising Electrical Engineer –Substation supports project scope, cost, & time requirements. This Electrical Engineer will be responsible for creating the project quality plan, monitoring project quality assurance and quality control activities, and recommending quality improvements. Responsibilities include:
- Advising direct supervisor and/or Engineering and Project Management team regarding any issues, staffing requirements, progress slippage, scope changes, budget overruns, or other events that could affect project completion and/or profitability.
- Establishing the project scope, cost, and time requirements with the client, and maintaining the engineering scope control documents, engineering cost estimates, and engineering project schedule.
- Determining the project scope battery limits with the local utility, other consulting companies, and equipment vendors and providing information and back-checking the construction cost estimate and construction schedule.
- Maintaining a record of client preferred design options, client preferred equipment configurations and scope changes.
- Obtaining client approval of deliverables.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or related discipline; or equivalent experience if allowed by law.
- Generally 12+ years of related work experience including supervisory experience are typically required; relevant professional registration preferred. Must have Power Industry experience.
- Supervises work and performance directly and through lower level supervisors.
- Typically supervises professional or exempt personnel in single function roles. Proficient with engineering software applications.
- Computer proficiency required; Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Accuracy and attention to detail important.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage priorities somewhat important.
- The ability to prepare, present and/or supervise the development of complex program proposals and reports to senior level management and customers is critical.
- Responsible for establishing project estimates and oversight of project budgets.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate in English and take a leadership role over the group for which they have supervisory responsibilities.
- Commitment to customer service and ability to assist others in applying knowledge and understanding in solving functional problems within area of expertise.
- Ability to maintain confidential information critical. Generally characterized as a "Senior Supervising Leader" with ability to supervisor more diverse or complex functions.
- Fully directs work through others.
- Provides oversight, expertise and guidance to less experienced individuals and begins to train and raise up highly success individual contributors into "Work Leaders".
- Typically will regularly interface with departmental staff and upper management, and frequently with outside customers.
General attributes required of all WorleyParsons employees include:
Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Basic Leadership Skills.
WorleyParsons is a leading global provider of technical, project and operational support services to our customers. Our comprehensive network enables us to provide local support to our customers backed by global expertise across the Oil & Gas, Power, Mining, and Infrastructure & Environment industries. WorleyParsons’ global footprint continues to expand with a total workforce of approximately 37,800 people operating from more than 148 offices in 48 countries. We were ranked #1 International Design firm by Engineering News-Record (ENR) in 2011!
WorleyParsons US Operations provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management services across our 24 US offices with outstanding health, safety and environmental performance. To deliver these services, WorleyParsons functions as the sole supplier, member of a joint venture, a subcontractor, or a local contractor. We also operate within formalized alliances, partnerships, and consortiums. Our US Operations include global centers of engineering expertise in refining, sulphur technology, arctic developments, topsides, subsea systems, deepwater facilities, nuclear power, and renewable energy. These hubs support domestic customers as well as the execution of mega-projects for international customers in Brazil, China, Russia, West Africa and Saudi Arabia, among others.
APPLY TODAY TO JOIN OUR UNIQUE AND IMPRESSIVE TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS!
WorleyParsons Group is an equal opportunity employer.