Senior Manager-Technical Operations (closed)
Senior Manager Technical OPS – Technical Business systems OPS/Communications
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting environment that combines the dynamic worlds of technology, marketing, ecommerce and Internet with a seasoned management team. This position will report directly to the CTO and will be responsible for the cloud based systems/systems infrastructure of all technical (business) operational aspects and customer facing communications.
Are you a technical operations guru with strong business skills? Do you look around and think there has got to be a better way of doing this? Do you find yourself thinking about process flows and operational improvements in the shower? Do you get personal satisfaction out of implementing a more efficient workflow and seeing the business grow as a result?
We are looking for an OPS Ninja who has excellent skills in cloud system management, Linux sys-admin capabilities, ecommerce systems operations, multi-channel customer facing communications (cloud voice, IM, email, etc) and a fanatic in system operational metrics. You will be able to design, implement and operate cloud services for an ecommerce environment. You should be an independent, solution-oriented performer who is skilled, experienced and highly technical with communications systems, cloud based (AWS and others), ecommerce systems with a desire to grow your skillset further. Positive energy, great people skills and limitless curiosity are required!
- Implement and operate cloud based ecommerce and CRM infrastructure
- Manage all business operational systems
- End-to-end customer experience for ecommerce
- Managing all customer facing communications
- Create, maintain and operate monitoring systems to ensure system stability and uptime.
- Recommend solutions and technologies in the operations domain.
- Manage the system operations team (you) until function is at scale to implement the best solutions to system implementations.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors degree – Science, Mathematics, CS, Engineering (or equivalent work working experience)
- eCommerce, supply chain and CRM operations and process experience required
- 5+ years experience maintaining a cloud based services within an Internet environment
- Start-up and medium company online merchant experience - ideal
- Multi-channel communications with technical in depth knowledge
- Linux experience
- Experience managing and integrating networking with Cloud Providers (AWS/Rackspace) a plus
- Programming (Perl/Python) experience a plus
- Knows when and how to have fun!