Lead/Sr. PHP eCommerce Developer (closed)
Are you a mid/ to senior level developer that enjoys the craft of developing software with many platforms and languages with a strong ecommerce production skill set? Do you look around in your domain of expertise and think there has got to be a better way of doing this? Do you often wonder when using ecommerce websites, “Who designed this?” Do you think about refactoring code while taking a shower? Do you get personal satisfaction out of seeing software you developed working in production and seeing the business grow as a result?
We are looking for a Zen Master developer with excellent software development skills in an agile environment, that has mastered the OO PHP MVC environment (Zend Frameworks, Cake or others) in demanding real-time high transaction ecommerce environments. Our team member enjoys hard-to-solve business problems that can be solved with complexity but enjoys implementing creatively simple and elegant solutions. We are looking for someone to think big and outside the box embracing the next generation of ecommerce and marketing on the web.
This is an exceptional opportunity for an independent team player, solution-oriented performer who can hit the ground running engaging in a significant technology refresh project, designing our system architecture and integration with disparate systems. Our Director knows software engineering best practices cold, how to implement and test web applications and who can juggle programming projects occasionally wearing multiple hats as an analyst, tester or network admin. We are looking for a lead team player with solid experience who thrives in a start up environment. If you feel this is you, we would like to get to know you better so let's get started today. Positive energy, great people skills and limitless curiosity are required!
- All internal and external development projects in ecommerce and interfacing with CRM development
- Lead enterprise architecture and related systems
- Development of middleware and API interconnects
- Contributing to building OPS systems and automation
- Automated testing systems, process and QA architecture
- Cloud and real-time distributed system architecture
- Oversight of mobile development
- Forward thinking R&D next generation technology
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelors degree – Science, Mathematics, CS, Engineering (or equivalent working experience)
- Significant Magento and Zend frameworks project experience
- 5 - 8+ years experience in developing object oriented web applications with OO PHP and relational databases (Oracle, SQL, MySQL, etc.).
- Strong fundamentals: OOP, design patterns including MVC, algorithms, data structures.
- Demonstrated knowledge in enterprise-level architecture, design and systems integration in multi-platform environments
- In depth experience with SOA and web services
- Understanding and dedication to software development “best practices” including familiarity with agile development methodologies, TDD test driven development and automated testing frameworks
- Team player who thrives in a start-up environment is a MUST
- Worked with hybrid teams (local, remote, on-shore, off-shore)
- Worked in production software development environments in a lead role and others
- Positive, enthusiastic, energetic, detail oriented, and self-motivated
- Best practices using coding tools, versioning and agile quality environment a big plus