Infrastructure Support Lead (DW/CO) (closed)
The Infrastructure Support Lead is responsible for leading all key support processes for a given site. The role also serves as a systems engineer and infrastructure implementation lead for the site. Key responsibilities include:
Lead systems engineer of back-office infrastructure such as servers, monitoring, backup/recovery tools, and storage. Key resource responsible for server maintenance, patching, builds, and upgrades.
- Provide executive level support and point of escalation for end users, when needed.
- Manages Desktop Support Staff and Help Desk, as appropriate
- Develops and reports on key service related metrics, analyzes them, and actions service improvement initiatives.
- Provide additional support and resolution to issues which the desktop support group cannot resolve
- Work with networking teams to manage local area and wireless networks for responsible sites including adds/moves/changes as needed.
- Mobile Device Support - Enterprise Activations, Phone Support, Vendor contracts, device replacements
- Desktop Support - Hardware & Software Installs, troubleshooting, hardware replacements
- New Hires & Terminations - Moves, Adds & Changes
- Messaging and Collaboration Support - Installs, Troubleshooting – assist global teams in supporting back-office messaging platforms as appropriate.
- Video Conference – support, maintenance, and site coordination (when required)
- Assist in the development and maintenance of global images and application packaging using LANDesk.
- Manage inventory of deployed assets for a site
- Contribute and potentially lead key site specific projects such as office relocations. Contribute to global projects as required.
- Participate in global virtual teams responsible for support of critical infrastructure applications, such as Active Directory, Anti-virus, Single Signon, LANDesk, Sharepoint, and External file sharing applications.
- Coordinating with peers in other regions on common practices for support and functionality
- Strictly follow and propagate corporate initiatives
- Actively participate and enforce the usage of global standardization, create and respect working processes and ensures that all processes are in line with ITIL and the corporate strategy
- Managing staff holidays and vacations to ensure proper service coverage.
- Professional development, career path and succession planning for staff.
Infrastructure Services Manager
- Limited travel across the supported region (0-10%), New York presence target is 90-100%
Typical Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree or high level experience
- Five years of experience leading teams focused on user support
- Experience demonstrating technical proficiency in key technology areas
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral
- Knowledge of local / country legislation that impacts ability to make desktop changes
- Windows, MAC, Desktops/Laptops, mobile device, Microsoft Office, and desktop deployment tool experience is a must.
- Active Directory, VMWare, Netapp, LANDesk, Telepresence, Cisco, BES, MobileIron, McAfee, Microsoft Exchange, Avaya, Citrix experience is preferred.
Key “Year 1” Deliverables
- Build and develop repeatable processes for infrastructure support to be used by help desk and deskside support personnel.
- Lead key site infrastructure related projects.
- Build strong relationships with site leadership executives
- Create standard operating procedures and improve delivery times for new systems