System/Business Analyst (closed)
Under limited supervision, serves as system or business analyst on especially complex information technology work and/or serves as primary business specialist supporting multiple tax types or functional areas within project; provides assistance to less experienced team members. Proficiently exercises expert knowledge in the following areas: i) client systems development and support methods (requirements analysis, specifications, case development, testing, problem analysis and resolution); iii) information management science methods / procedures;.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides agency processing consultation to customers related to most complex business situations involving information technology. Interviews customers to determine business requirements; analyzes how technology may enable those requirements; develops feasibility studies; prepares documentation, recommendations, and presents to senior client management.
- Working with clients and technical personnel, prepares and implements design specifications for the most complex aspects of application systems, utilizing object-oriented techniques. Provides input to data tables and file structures. Validates design against customer requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation throughout the development life cycle, ensuring compliance with agency policies, standards and operations.
- Prepares USE Cases, executes test Cases, and debugs new or modified application systems from approved general system design documents, utilizing web and client/server techniques.
- May serves as lead analyst on select projects or sub-projects. Keeps project leader(s), team members, supervisor, and stakeholders informed of work progress. Coordinate with the Project Developers to correct all defects identified.
- Resolves application system incidents reported by users as needed
- Serves as business user liaison with technical staff as needed.
- Work with users to document requirements and design specifications for complex changes or enhancements to related systems.
- Assists in training new employees and serves as business systems consultant for them. Work with users to conduct User Acceptance Testing on the Change Requests for projectMentor and assist business users assigned to projects in learning the technology and utilizing it for review and testing. Assists the user in training on effective operation of application systems.
- Report on weekly basis to Project Manager regarding work accomplished and upcoming plans.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, especially in dealing with situations involving multiple interacting systems or complex operational processes.
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint.
- Ability to produce work on schedule and meet specifications with minimal supervision.
- Ability to deal effectively with the needs of customers, team members, vendors and management at all levels of the organization.
- Flexibility to work extra hours or outside normal work hours if necessary.
- Demonstrated expertise in the areas of tax operations research, utilization of information management science techniques and/or methodologies, or analysis of information management theories, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently under pressure.
- Expertise in structured testing methodology, including conducting Systems Test and User Acceptance Test.
- Expertise with financial transaction systems and data, such as tax processing or banking.
- Expertise in IT life cycle development, including requirements analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Expertise in serving as a technical resource for business users, including one-on-one and group supplemental training, problem resolution, and coordination with technical support organizations.
- Ability to report to project management in clear and concise form, including all relevant information in a timely manner.