Unix Systems Administrator (closed)
Systems Administrator – Unix
- Charlotte, NC
As a Systems Administrator - Unix, you would help lead the Unix System Administration team which provides 24x7 production support for mission critical environments accessed world wide.
The role will require 24 x 7 x 365 rotating work shifts. The shifts are: work 3 days, off 4 days, work 4 days, off 3 days, as follows:
Addressing day-to-day server issues in a production environment that requires quick turnaround. Perform essential UNIX administration tasks – server builds, patching, user administration, cluster management, software installations, performance tuning and troubleshooting. Promptly respond to telephone calls, voice-mail and e-mail. Resolve and document system errors and performance issues. Perform root cause analysis of critical errors and outages. Identification and resolution of customer issues. Accept responsibility and personal accountability
- Undergraduate degree in computing or computing equivalent or technical-related area together with equivalent working experience
- 3 - 5 years of relevant IT experience.
- Strong knowledge of Solaris OS
- Good knowledge of clustering technologies, preferable Sun Cluster 3.2
- ZFS administration
- Solaris volume manager
- Solaris package management
- Solaris Containers
- NetBackup software
- Linux is a plus
- Shell, perl, awk, scripting is a plus
- Demonstrate a self-directed approach to learning; pursue professional development. Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make a project better, identify and reports issues.