Manager of Architecture and Web Development (closed)
The Manager of Web Development/Architecture is looking for a strategic/solutions architect for building our client's environment from scratch. A few examples of what you'll be responsible for: example: Should we use Adobe technologies? Should we go with a .NET framework? What database should we use? They're looking for a critical and creative leader - someone who can be a hands-on architect while also leading your team. For the first 3 months, you'll be in the position by yourself to design the architecture. After the designing phase is over, you'll be responsible for hiring a team to help put your plan into action.
The Sr. Manager of Web Development is a critical position reporting to the VP of Digital Strategy. Looking for a candidate who has the ability to think at a higher level but can be hands-on if needed. You will need to have in-depth experience with Object Oriented development in an Agile Programming environment. You will be expected to manage and provide technical leadership for the Development team as far as current projects and any future releases as well.
In this role you will build a strategy for creating and maintaining development vendors and resources, and routinely interface with business and technology stakeholders across our company. You will have lots of opportunity to grow and you will work on innovative products that will directly affect company revenue. This is a highly visible role with interesting and challenging work, in which you have the opportunity to make a direct impact.
Prior work experience with multi-channel retailers is desired but not required. This is a permanent position, or contract to hire.
- · Development and technology planning -- provide guidance in best practice and tool use in the design and build of technical frameworks and web applications
- · Architecture and design -- propose & implement technical designs, ensure their integrity, and that the functionality can be built, implemented and maintained within timescales/budgets
- · Technical design authority -- internally recognized as a specialist on complex web applications, will oversee benchmarking, installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment and code testing activity
- · Improve quality -- investigate and prototype innovative approaches to improve software quality
- · Provide Stability -- ensure web development team can develop in a stable and productive environment, with minimal rework required due to architectural change or related problems as products evolve
- · Industry knowledge -- familiar with industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging 3rd party software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction software products
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This a Technical Management position with hands on experience with multiple software solutions.
Experience building, mentoring, and leading small to medium sized web and mobile development teams is essential.
- · Proven ability to evaluate, implement, and manage software architectures
- · Ability to explain / justify technology decisions to internal stakeholders and IT teams
- · 7-10 years hands on software development experience
- · 2-3 years experience architecting online applications
- · Strong knowledge of Agile development methodology
- · Must possess top notch communication skills, the drive to motivate the team with the ability to multi task, and deliver quality results,
- · Experience working with vendors and integration of 3rd party software solutions