Director, Retail Strategy & Continuous Improvement (closed)
Kuwait City, Kuwait
$120,000 net + bonus + allowances compensation
A fantastic opportunity to join a leader in their sector
This role will drive sales and margin improvement through the development and implementation of best in class strategies and programs incorporating end to end retail activity such as assortment, merchandising, pricing, promotions, inventory management and customer experience.
Reporting to the VP you will manage the following: -
• Partner with all functional areas including store operations, category management, operational excellence, finance, logistics and marketing to identify opportunities to drive improvements in sales and margin.
• Develop a detailed action plan with all functional areas to ensure identified improvement projects (including existing operational excellence initiatives) are prioritised, resourced and fully supported.
• Review change & project management methodology to ensure appropriate data analysis, hypotheses development and testing.
• Ensure in conjunction with Finance that all initiatives are rigorously reviewed for potential value-add and projected costs.
• Develop routine reporting processes to update senior management and project teams on progress against action plans, achievement of key milestones, any delays and corrective actions or potential road blocks.
• Create analytical methods to measure performance of initiatives once implemented to ensure management can assess the success of each initiative and take any corrective action where appropriate.
• Identify gaps in existing retail practices compared to best in class electronic retailers and develop a strategic road map to close these gaps.
• Source key benchmarking data from across the industry and update relevant retail staff on best in class practices.
• Build a continuous improvement culture to position the brand as a best-in-class retailer
• 7-10 years experience gained within a top class retailer with at least 3 years experience in Category Management and Retail Operations
• Project management and implementation experience
• Strong leadership skills with a proven ability to prioritise and deliver on multiple concurrent cross functional projects
• Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
• Commercially astute and pragmatic
• Able to vision the future state, test hypotheses, and synthesize facts and insights into concrete, actionable strategies and tactical plans
• Excellent communicator and facilitator with the ability to influence and develop buy in at all levels and across functions in order to get things done
Package is very competitive + allowances for housing, car + bonus + medical + flights and relocation