Change/ Release Manager, Service Management (closed)
Job title: Change/Release Manager
Organisation: Service Management - Group Technology
Reports to: Head of Change Management & Release Deployment
Location: Bianconi Avenue
The management of releases or change to the service infrastructure including service assets, configuration items and associated documentation. This may be via release, request for change (RFC), emergency changes, incidents or problems, so providing effective control and mitigation of risk to the availability, performance, security and compliance of the business services impacted.
Nature and Scope
The Service Management function is responsible for the 24x7 delivery of all services - fixed, mobile and IT services, to agreed KPIs and SLAs. Service Management provides a 1st line point of contact to the customer service functions in Consumer & Small Business, Corporate and Wholesale for any service requirements. Service Management delivers a service-oriented 1st line support with the focus on the ‘end to end service’ to the customer by applying common processes, tools and practices to ensure the ongoing effective proactive delivery of service to enhance the customer experience.
The Service Management team’s success will be measured based on:
- Its success at resolving tickets for its customers at first point of contact
- Its success at retaining ownership of tickets to the point of closure and to the satisfaction of the customer.
- Successful achievement of service availability targets.
- Successful delivery of service improvement initiatives.
- Achievement of agreed SLA performance metrics.
The Change/Release Management function within the Service Management area is the owner of the end-to-end Group Technology business processes for the professional and effective treatment of Change/Releases which impact on the eircom fixed, mobile, ISP and IT services and associated infrastructure.
The role of Change/Release Management is to ensure that standardised methods and procedures are used for efficient and prompt handling of all changes and releases. To ensure that business risk is optimised and that all changes to assets and configuration items is recorded. The scope of Change/Release Management covers changes to baselined service assets and configuration items across the whole service lifecycle The primary goal of Change/Release Management is to respond to changing business requirements while maximising value and reducing incidents, disruption and re-work.
- To circulate all RFCs to CAB members in advance of meetings to allow prior consideration
- To establish the relevant areas of interest and who should be involved in the CAB
- To convene urgent CAB meetings for all urgent RFCs
- To represent change management at CAB and emergency CAB meetings
- To authorise acceptable Changes after consideration of the advice given by the CAB
- To establish the appropriate level of change authority required for RFCs
- Identify and manage release change via agreed change request procedures (e.g., changes which may affect the release budget, timeline, or performance outcomes),
- To assess and evaluate the business justification, impact, cost, benefits and risk of change/release
- Identify, prioritise, mitigate and manage risks. Create and manage a formal Risk register.
- To ensure that all stakeholders are informed of change decisions, in particular the initiator of an RFC.
- To ensure that the stakeholders have appropriate and adequate notification of changes/releases or interventions
- To ensure that the change/release process meets ITIL best practice minimising impact and improving customer service.
- To review the change and change documentation and supply regular performance reports.
- The provision of detailed, timely and accurate progress reports to standard
- To Implement and ensure compliance with stated change/ release processes.
- The creation and communication of options to address issues arising from changes/ releases.
- The provision of management reporting on change and release KPIs.
- To review and provide guidelines for the performance monitoring of changes/releases, the selection of appropriate KPIs and ongoing target selection
- To provide advice and guidance in areas of technological expertise
- To work effectively with all stakeholders to deliver excellent customer service.
- To identify training requirements and facilitate knowledge and skills transfer by coaching and mentoring.
- To take ownership and responsibility for compliance with process controls and their improvements and the production and maintenance of all relevant compliance evidence
- Verify compliance with eircom policies, standards, procedures and processes (e.g. SDLC, Release Management, CAB)
- To strictly adhere to all Financial processes and polices
- To lead improvements in solution development or support methodologies.
- Ensure compliance with Health & Safety
- Align with eircom Group culture and values to drive the customer ethos, vision, mission and culture of the organisation to ensure successful growth and retention of its customers
Key Performance Indicators
- Ensure Change/Release management targets are met
- Monitoring and reporting on Change/Release performance
- Ensure the on-going quality of process documentation/ compliance evidence in order to meet the requirements of ongoing audits and assessments
- Drive Change/Release management improvement to target
- Effectiveness of end-to-end Change/Release Management process
- Effectiveness of stakeholder communications throughout Change/Release lifecycle
Role Specific Technical Skills
- Demonstrable proficiency in ITIL service management framework with particular emphasis on Change & Release Management
- Strong technical understanding in one or more eircom service domain - fixed/mobile Voice, Internet, IP/Ethernet, Transport/ Data, IT
- Driving service improvement initiatives as part of Change Management
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Strong IT end user application skills
- Proven ability to respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping focus on objectives
- High levels of commitment and personal accountability and a passion to constantly challenge and improve existing processes to ensure highest levels of customer satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and win commitment